Quick low fat foods

somaldelhar
somaldelhar Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Okay, so basically, i'm looking for what the title says. I'm looking for low fat foods, but ones that also have a good calorie count. Around 300-500 calories, with about 10g of fat or less. Low fat meals basically. Something i can quickly make, or even something i can buy pre-packaged. Anything will do. Just quick easy meals with good calories and low fat. i'd also accept ways to make regular foods a bit less fatty.

And before anyone asks, no i am not trying to lose any weight, nor gain any. I am simply trying to get rid of a bit of excess flab. I've already started some workouts at a local gym, so thats not an issue either.

So that all said, what have you got guys?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

And before anyone asks, no i am not trying to lose any weight, nor gain any. I am simply trying to get rid of a bit of excess flab. I've already started some workouts at a local gym, so thats not an issue either.

So before we answer...I just want to point out that reducing dietary fat will not (by itself) accomplish this goal at all.
  • somaldelhar
    i understand that, but thats my main issue at this moment. most of the foods i eat, healthy or otherwise, tend to be rich with fats, to the point of me eating upwards of 60 grams on a bad day, with a goal of around 40 (based on iifym). I've already started eating more cereals, fruits and vegetables, etc but some of my meals tend to be too rich in fat for the calories i get out of them. i'm going about 20g over what i should be unless i refrain from eating a meal. So i am looking for lower fat meals that i can eat from time to time to help fix this particular issue. As i come across more issues, i will ask for more advice, but for the moment thats the most glaring flaw.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Shrimp, whole grain brown rice, egg whites, some yogurt, Real crab meat
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    i understand that, but thats my main issue at this moment. most of the foods i eat, healthy or otherwise, tend to be rich with fats, to the point of me eating upwards of 60 grams on a bad day, with a goal of around 40 (based on iifym). I've already started eating more cereals, fruits and vegetables, etc but some of my meals tend to be too rich in fat for the calories i get out of them. i'm going about 20g over what i should be unless i refrain from eating a meal. So i am looking for lower fat meals that i can eat from time to time to help fix this particular issue. As i come across more issues, i will ask for more advice, but for the moment thats the most glaring flaw.

OK cool...just wanted to make sure. Lots of people still have that misconception.
  • somaldelhar
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    OK cool...just wanted to make sure. Lots of people still have that misconception.

Quite understandable. I know that both a balanced diet and a good workout routine are needed to keep off fat. I Just needed something to help round out my diet.
    Shrimp, whole grain brown rice, egg whites, some yogurt, Real crab meat

Man, you are on a roll aren't you? This is all super helpful. I didn't even think of shrimp or crab, and i never knew whole grain brown rice had that little fat in it.