have support but its not shown like id want. looking for more support.

Options
I start my journey today. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I want a baby with my husband and i know my weight is hendering that. I also feel like my husband just doesnt look at me anymore. He wont say anything because he loves me. I also hate the way i look and want to be happier and healthier.

Replies

• Joezeeah
    Joezeeah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just added you! My goal is also to lose 100 lbs but you shouldn't be so hard on yourself because deciding to lose the weight is a huge step. What I've found along my journey is that I have to love myself enough to dedicate my time and energy to lose weight. Let's keep each other motivated!
  • Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Not to be a jerk but you can have all the friends in the world in this online app telling you daily to keep it up but you're the one that needs to put in the work to get where you want to be.

If you really want to lose 100lbs you'll get there with or without me typing nice words to you daily.

Now get out there and go make it happen
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Support is great, but @Bugdude54 is right. It starts with you. Have you set goals? For example, on this app, you can specify how much weight per week you'd like to lose. Populate that (if you haven't already) and MFP will tell you the max calories and other macros you need to stay under in a day.

Figure out an exercise strategy. How many times per week do you plan to burn extra energy (cardio)? And for how long? Populate that, too. Then stick with it.

Something I learned from the fine people on this site: start lifting weights! Build muscle in your major muscle groups like legs and arms. Muscle burns fat and elevates your metabolism.

As you exercise, you'll see the app will add back in burned exercise calories (cardio only - it doesn't add in calories you burned while weight lifting). Don't eat them all. Strive for eating about 50% of what you earned back.

Don't deny yourself the foods you want. Instead, build them into your daily calorie allotment. Once you close your diary at the end of the day, it posts to your home page. I'm sending you a friend request so I can see your progress. If you're amenable to it, open your diary to the public. The more experienced friends (app users) can then go in and look at the calories you consumed and the exercise you did. Your friends will see your stats and many will congratulate you if you've done well.

I hope this helps. Now get to it! :smile:
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it one day at a time. Choose it just once, each day. The app works if you stick to it. Knowing that your hubby loves you is huge. Now love yourself enough to kick some serious butt!