Protein powder

Options
Hello Fitness Pals...

I need some advice! So I'm ordering Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein and need a little input on which flavors are the best! I can't decide which one to get since I'm ordering the 5lbs and don't want to get stuck with a bad flavor!

Lots of Thanks

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do with it?

If you plan on blending it with other ingredients in smoothies, etc, I'd recommend sticking with a pretty general flavor (vanilla or chocolate).

FTR, those are the only two I've personally had and both were just fine.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Trutein 4 lyfe

Srs. I ordered ON Extreme Milk Chocolate and it's gross. I can't wait til it's gone. I can't speak for other flavors but at least with Trutein you can get some samples before you commit.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

I've rated them by smileys:

banana cream is o:)
    cookies n cream is o:)
    double rich chocolate is :)
    chocolate peanut butter :)
    french vanilla cream :)

Do not even consider, OMFG gross:
    Chocolate Mint :/>:)
    Delicious Strawberry :'(>:)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate :'(>:)
    Rocky Road :'(>:)

• s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We only use Gold Standard Natural Vanilla and love it. It has NO weird aftertaste, a small ingredients list, good nutrition numbers, and mixes very well. It has a subtle yet appreciable vanilla flavor that just works. Its the only one of any protein powders we've had any luck with.
  • neverw3u
    neverw3u Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rainbowbow by far the best post ever hahah

Thank you everyone for the replies! I'm going to be taking my shakes post workout and perhaps meal replacement so I want to make sure they taste good! I like ON products so planning on sticking with them. And I don't blend mine with anything except milk so I like a bit of flavor
  • mylovelyhumps
    mylovelyhumps Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I've rated them by smileys:

banana cream is o:)
    cookies n cream is o:)
    double rich chocolate is :)
    chocolate peanut butter :)
    french vanilla cream :)

Do not even consider, OMFG gross:
    Chocolate Mint :/>:)
    Delicious Strawberry :'(>:)
    Extreme Milk Chocolate :'(>:)
    Rocky Road :'(>:)

I agree. Awesome!
  • mclovingirl86
    mclovingirl86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with my About Time. I use the unflavored, but there are many different options. They also have a vegan protein too. 0zg2ema37n1v.png

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    About Time and Trutein are my favorites. Trutein definitely wins when it comes to flavor (I bought Mocha Caramel, SO GOOD), but I like to keep a tub of About Time unflavored in case I have something I can hide it in. :smile:
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    neverw3u wrote: »
    Hello Fitness Pals...

I need some advice! So I'm ordering Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey protein and need a little input on which flavors are the best! I can't decide which one to get since I'm ordering the 5lbs and don't want to get stuck with a bad flavor!

Lots of Thanks

Costco sells the Vanilla and Chocolate versions in 6-lb bags for around $60. Cheapest you'll find. Vanilla tastes great by itself or mixed.