Water and dehydration

Options
I've recently started to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I used to drink about 3 and never got thirsty, but now i'm thirsty all the time despite drinking so much water!

My mouth is so dry no matter how much water I drink.

Any advice/ anyone in a similar situation?

Replies

• driedrie83
    driedrie83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yea, that is happening to me also. I've found myself drinking more and more like I can't get enough. What is that?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    me too! im constantly thirsty now but before i could go on with just having a cup of tea or coffee a day
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Perhaps, your body in some strange way is not getting enough water. I know it sounds crazy but try adding something to your water like the flavored powder packs that come in a variety of flavors like kiwi strawberry, grape, cherry , etc... I trick my body into thinking I'm drinking something else when it's actually flavored water I'm drinking all day long. Only 5 calories!:smile:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    in my non-scientific or real fact, I think it could be due to the fact that your body realizes it wants/needs more water. so it's giving you the signals to keep drinking more.

when I started drinking a lot more water (years ago) same thing happened to me. you will adjust.

also, take a look at your processed food intake and/or sodium etc. those could be aiding in making you thirsty.

keep drinking the h20!
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice! Will keep on drinking water and hope for the best!