help please

jodieaj
jodieaj Posts: 9 Member
So as i am new here i would like to know how people managed to get started eating healthy and doing excersie.. If yous took before and after picture etc, feel free to add or message

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Get a food scale and just start tracking! I've found over the last month, I want to get as much food for my calories, so that means more vegetables and fruits, but also adding protein and finding lower sugar options for what I like. For example, light yogurt with 26g of sugar and 5 protein, or a light greek yogurt with 7g of sugar and 12g of protein, yet they both have 90 calories.
    Have a menu plan!
    I portion out 1 serving of a snack and enjoy them in between a meal.
    Nothing is off limits. Budgeting calories is a lot like having a financial budget. You can spend them on anything you want, but you want to know why you may be "in the red", and how it affects your goals and adjust your choices accordingly.
    Good Luck!
  • jodieaj
    jodieaj Posts: 9 Member
    Aw great thanks!
  • SandraGreenwood
    SandraGreenwood Posts: 3 Member
    I just started here recently too - already lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks! Using the app keeps me accountable for the calories I consume -- also makes me want to exercise which I never did before! Because, if I exercise, I lose even more calories = weight! I love it. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    • Set up your profile on MFP with a reasonable goal weight loss per week
    • Eat at that calorie goal number when you don't workout and eat up to 50% of your exercise calories back when you do workout (don't worry, your goal on MFP is calculated so you lose weight without exercise so when you workout you can safely eat more and still lose weight)
    • Weigh your food with a scale for accuracy. There is an Ozeri one on amazon that's around $13. Whatever scale you use you will want a tare button (zeros out scale), grams and ounces options. My personal preference is to get one with a flat top so you can set your plate/bowl/whatever on top.
    • Pick an exercise you enjoy doing. If you enjoy it your more likely to stick with it. This can be just walking to start off or dance or running or well anything active really.
    • Remember that weight fluctuates based on many factors. Take measurements and pictures.

Some good threads to read and help you get started:
    A Guide To Get You Started On Your Path To Sexypants
    Logging Accurately Step By Step Guide
    For Those Confused or Questioning Eating Your Exercise Calories
    So You Want A Nice Stomach
    Lifting Is The Most Horrible Thing To A Woman Since Twiggy

9055.gif
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    • Set up your profile on MFP with a reasonable goal weight loss per week
    • Eat at that calorie goal number when you don't workout and eat up to 50% of your exercise calories back when you do workout (don't worry, your goal on MFP is calculated so you lose weight without exercise so when you workout you can safely eat more and still lose weight)
    • Weigh your food with a scale for accuracy. There is an Ozeri one on amazon that's around $13. Whatever scale you use you will want a tare button (zeros out scale), grams and ounces options. My personal preference is to get one with a flat top so you can set your plate/bowl/whatever on top.
    • Pick an exercise you enjoy doing. If you enjoy it your more likely to stick with it. This can be just walking to start off or dance or running or well anything active really.
    • Remember that weight fluctuates based on many factors. Take measurements and pictures.

Some good threads to read and help you get started:
    A Guide To Get You Started On Your Path To Sexypants
    Logging Accurately Step By Step Guide
    For Those Confused or Questioning Eating Your Exercise Calories
    So You Want A Nice Stomach
    Lifting Is The Most Horrible Thing To A Woman Since Twiggy

9055.gif

^^ Agreed. Check out the links. Lots of good information in there!
  • otiscareno72
    otiscareno72 Posts: 7 Member
    I need help to... Im pretty commited to my boiled chicken diet I've been doing. And to be honest its kinda easy cuz i do like chicken but if what you've read so far isnt any help to you what do u need help in?