Need to loose 100 lbs! Help!

Options

Replies

• sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a great turn out! I am excited to see all of us reach our goals. Big and small!! Yay!!
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose
    I have been on MFP for 121 days and I have lost 49 lbs
    The key is to log in each meal as you eat it and plan meals so you get treats as well.
    You can do this one day at a time.
    Feel free to add me
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey there

108 lbs to loose

Feel free to add me :)
  • evillottie
    evillottie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm 30 and looking to lose over 100lbs for my wedding too! I'm getting married August 2016. I'm determined to be fit and healthy for my wedding day :-) add me if you like :-)
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've already lost 200 lbs, and I'm working between another 20 - 40 lbs. (That's 100 lbs more than what my picture shows.) But I'll be more than happy to send you a friend request.

Anyone else that would like to add me, please feel free to do so! :)
  • babybumptoobig
    babybumptoobig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations! I need to lose 80-100 lbs after having my daughter who's 2 next month. Every day I say right today I'll be good but then food magically jumps into my mouth!!!
    I also need motivation to keep going so I'm sure with everybody's help you and hopefully me can do this :) best of luck
  • hollivramirez
    hollivramirez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add people but please add me as your friend! I'm 17 lbs down, into my 100 lb. Journey and would love to have connections here!
  • WilloughbyR72
    WilloughbyR72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel Fee to add me I'm on the 100 pound or more weight loss journey.
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well I am slowly starting to hate the scale. Just when I think I am down a couple of pounds BAM they come right back. And I think that exact reason I hate weight loss!!
  • toonielaughingoak
    toonielaughingoak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't weigh yourself every day. Every weight loss program and doctor tells us we should only weigh ourselves once a week. I see you posted yesterday that you needed to lose 100 lbs then a few hours later you posted you lost 2 lbs, then today you gained them back. I weigh myself every Friday morning after getting up, before I eat or drink anything. Perhaps you could try something like that. The "scale" isn't everything anyway, they are all different.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on doing something healthy for yourself, hopefully eventually you continue to live your healthy lifestyle long enough your fiance will be on board with healthy eating. I have 78 lbs to go to reach my goal, but I notice the healthier I eat my family eventually follows suit, they may have so called naughty foods but it's hardly ever it's possible that he will make a change and even if he doesn't do what is healthy and best for your body.

Support is much encouraged and needed on this journey, glad that your here for the support, my goal is to get off of diabetic medicine with weight loss and exercise it's possible. :)
  • Tru809
    Tru809 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me.. starting this journey again. Needing to loose 80-100lbs and looking for individuals who are motivated and looking to do the same. Good luck to everyone
  • twohandedwonder
    twohandedwonder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose right at 78lbs. Feel free to send me an add and we can keep each other motivated! That goes for anyone posting here. I also have very little motivation in my home life towards losing off the weight, so I can definitely relate with OP on that.
  • syrenzcall
    syrenzcall Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is 60...add me please!
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    One thing you have to remember about weight loss, it is different for women than it is for men.

For men, weight loss is nearly constant. No matter what we do, when we work to lose weight (whether thru just diet or exercise, or a combination thereof), we simply lose the weight.

For women, weight loss is a bit different. Especially if you are working out. Doubly so if you are strength training. When women are working to lose weight and are exercising at the same time, two things are going to happen:
    1. You will start to drop off weight;
    2. Then you will plateau - you will either level off, or gain a bit of weight.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Usually what is happening at the second point, if you are working out, is that you are toning up and gaining muscle. It is at this point that you should take measurements instead of looking at the scale. You'll notice that your tummy/waist, hips, and wherever else you measure is getting smaller.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so when you are toning up and gaining muscle your scale will either stay the same or actually gain a pound or two. But this is GOOD weight! (Which will actually help you burn more calories faster!) That's why you need to take measurements - so that you know you're actually getting smaller. ;)

Once you hit that plateau, if you want to keep losing weight and not just gain muscle you will need to change up your exercise routine. Do something different - change out a couple of exercises (not all of them) for a couple of new ones and change their order. You should then see your weight loss start back up again.

The reason I know this - I live with my best friends, who are married to each other, and one of them is going through the same journey I am. And where I had the Gastric Sleeve, she had the Roux-En-Y Bypass. We're each other's support. And she's told me all about what she has to go through for her weight loss.

Hopefully this helps you out. :)
  • donnaangel87
    donnaangel87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sjbruno7 wrote: »
    Same boat indeed. My fiance is over weight as well he just isn't as concerned about it as I am lol.
    My husband, of 26 years, was so stubborn and didn't care how much weight he'd gained over the years either but I certainly did. I felt awful. I can totally sympathize with you gals! He ended up passing out at work from a high blood pressure issue he had no idea he even had. We thought he'd have a heart attack. Anyway, after lots of hard work, diet changes and by the grace of God, he dropped 50 lbs and I dropped 30 lbs. I even got pregnant at the young age of 41 lol, just after I'd lost the weight! My encouragement to you NEVER GIVE UP, make small, permanent changes and stay motivated however possible!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    This site helped me lose 110 lbs. So awesome! Feel free to add me for support!
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    count me in! i want to loose 60lbs! Add me all if you want;)
  • kieranparrock315
    kieranparrock315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all on this i started at 326.3lbs three weeks ago and I'm already down 13.3lbs. Plan is to get down to 210lbs because of my height and build I very much doubt I could get below that. In fact that might be even to light so I would settle for 224lbs. Anyway what ever way i look at it its still 100lbs i need to lose feel free to add me as a friend
  • Kairalie
    Kairalie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm looking to lost 100+ so same boat!!! :) Add me!