Lower intensity ab exercises?

Options
does anyone have some lower intensity ab exercises they love? My stomach is my focus right now, but I will have to start slow since I am only a year out from my last c-section and this one seems to be giving me more issues with pain. (And yes actually sharp pain, not the good kind of burn that comes with a hard workout)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Exercises don't target fat or loose skin, if that's what you're trying to do. For more on that, Google "spot reduction myth". All that's needed is a calorie deficit and everything will lean out. We can't choose where though.

Which exercises cause a sharp pain?
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose your stomach as the above said a calorie deficit is enough.

If you are wanting to directly target and train your core I guess doing a plank but balancing on your knees instead of your feet could do the trick? If it's still sharply painful you may want to avoid doing direct core exercises until it clears up. Find an exercise you enjoy and stick with that and a calorie deficit and you should see results in no time!

modified-plank2.jpg
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Usually exercises that target my lower abdominal, which is where the internal stitches were
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    As for calorie deficit I have that for sure as the weight loss is going great, just I guess getting impatient for my tummy to start looking better.