I'm new...and scared

Options
Hi :) I'm new here and I already love! I've been trying to lose weight for about 5 years now with no success. It's hard for me because I have polycyclic ovarian syndrome and that make me gain weight like crazy. I know I have to lose weight and I know it's going to be hard. I started working out and my mindset has change. I just need a little motivation :) it would be nice to have people who understand what I'm going through and could give me words of encouragement when I'm feeling weak. Like when I see chocolate:)

Replies

• SonicMoosie
    SonicMoosie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awwh, don't be scared! The chocolate can't chase you down ;) I think you will have the upper hand on it :tongue:
  • amod_take
    amod_take Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale - Weigh EVERYTHING - and I mean everything! DO NOT TRUST your "judgement" or your rough measuring devices like the "big" spoon in your cutlery drawer. It's SUPER EASY to mis judge and those extra calories add up! (Just as an example: a burger gets imputed like this: Meat Patty - scanned from box, Bun - scanned from bag, 1 Tablespoon ketchup - 15 grams on food scale, 1 Tablespoon Mustard - 15 grams on food scale, 1 Tablespoon Relish - 15 grams on food scale, slice of tomato - measured on food scale, Slice of Onion - measured on food scale).

As for motivation - Set little goals. I was well over 300lbs when I started and my first goal was "get down to 300lbs" when I reached that goal my next one was "get 5lbs under 300lbs" well right now I'm a consistent 295lbs!

Another of my goals was "track food for 30 days" - as of today I've completed that goal too!

It'll come - just don't rush it. It takes a long time to put the weight on - why should one expect it to come off any quicker?
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have PCOS too. It's a challenge but not a deal breaker. You can do it!

It's taken me a year but I met my first goal and set a new one.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your in the right place. Get a food scale asap and weigh everything you consume! That's the first step. Then log everything here. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • goldenstone01
    goldenstone01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You will do great
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ditto. The PCOS definitely makes it hard. But I have managed to lose almost 3 pounds in last 1.5 months. I know it is quite slow, but certainly it is possible. Keep moving and you will be there.
  • Perladoo
    Perladoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for your words and advice :)
  • Jenkorp72
    Jenkorp72 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Change is never easy but with the great people here in the community having the same issues you have ( for the most part ) you'll never be alone! Feel free to add me! I'm 42 and have 70-75 lbs to lose. We can do this!!!