Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Learning self care

hello. I was recently told be my MD that I am suffering from fibromyalgia and I have gain so much weight too. I'm trying hard to manage my pain and exercise. Looking for tips to keep myself motivated. I have been exercising on my eliptical for a week and logging my food.. For the first 5 days was great till it rained. Increased pain and fatigue kicked in and I stuffed myself with pizza!! Only manage a short time on my elliptical due to increased pain.. Need to keep on top of things!!! Any tips??

Replies

• donnaangel87
    donnaangel87 Posts: 12 Member
    Have you had your Vitamin D levels checked recently? My mom suffers from Vitamin D Deficiency and seems to experience more pain in rainy weather. I'm not a dr but just a thought. Don't dwell on the past mistakes. Just get back on track right now!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    While you don't need exercise to lose weight, exercise is still good with fibro. Don't sweat not being able to exercise if you're in pain. Being in control of your calories is what's needed for weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Welcome and I would say first and formost stick with exercising and keeping track of your food intake, helps a lot in reducing the pounds. As far as the pain I would continue to consult with your doctor regarding pain management, although besides pills a lot of doctors I've seen recommend massage, pilates, accupressure and accupuncture for various pain mine happens to be in the back, a good soak in the tub, I know depending on the severity of your pain none of this may work or it may work on a limited basis but all worth a try.

I'm glad for you that your were able to do the eliptical for a week since it's such a challenging machine and lots of us give into the pizza, just keep moving forward the days you can't do the eliptical or walk out because of bad weather. Do a gentle exercise video that you know you can tolerate yoga or pilates or other toning execises with light hand weights.

You can do this just take it one day at a time. :)