Help understanding

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is such a new question. I am really at a loss and can't find out the correct answer..

I linked my fitbit to MFP. I set my Goal initially for 1400 calories. I took in 2189 calories but the exercise doesn't seem to be subtracting/cacluating into my net caloric intake? Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Chris

k7tfd6v9km8t.jpg

ksg90a3i9xb3.jpg

1.JPG 26.4K
2.JPG 59.9K

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Fitbit and MFP are having a few problems syncing. If you disconnect and then reconnect your fitbit from MFP you should get an accurate reading. At least that worked for me. You could read this.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1970451--members-may-experience-some-steps-issues-5-5-5-7-
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    the exercise subtracted, but you only managed 3 kcal according to the graphic.
  • stryfestryfe
    stryfestryfe Posts: 3 Member
    Fitbit is reporting 2399 cal total burned for the day (which includes 384 cals for the exercise)

Shouldn't my MFP summary read something like this:

Goal: 1400 | Food: 2189 - 2399 exercise = some net total?

Perhaps im misunderstanding completely..
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    You told MFP your activity level was such that it expected you to use 2396 calories a day. Most of that is just living, not exercise.

You said you wanted to lose 2 lbs/week so it took off 1000 cals to give you a goal of 1400.

You ate 2189, 789 more than your target. Perhaps 2 lbs/week loss rate is too much for your appetite.

The Fitbit clocked your actual calorie use as 2399, including just living, which was 3 more than you told MFP.

So you ended up eating 786 more than your goal. ie 789 - 3.

I think you're missing the fact that the fitbit accounts for your resting energy as well as movement - look at Fitbit.com and you'll see 20 caories per 15 minutes when the thing is sat on a table.
  • stryfestryfe
    stryfestryfe Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you. That's clear. Will suppress my urges from here :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Your default MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE. Adjustments are the difference between your Fitbit burn & your MFP activity level.

You can learn more (and find Fitbit friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users