Trying to lose the grief weight

Options
smileoften_luvalways
smileoften_luvalways Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I lost my father, grandmother, and uncle in a span of three months and now here I am 6 months later, and food is a comfort. I have put on weight that makes me feel sluggish and self-conscious. I am still heart broken over losing my father, and feel so alone so I haven't been taking very good care of myself. He was diagnosed with cancer so quick, and died only 6 weeks later that he didn't even have a chance to take care of himself and get better... I need to turn this around and honor my father in how I live my life and take care of myself. But I am finding it hard. Could really use some encouragement. Thanks!

Replies

• erikka3
    erikka3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Erica. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I think of these words from The Little Prince when I'm missing my family and friends who have passed on: In the stars I shall be living/In the stars I shall be smiling/And so it shall be/As if the whole sky is.smiling/When you look at the sky at night. My grandpa passed away in Dec. last year and I listen to a voice mail msg he left me last Thanksgiving. Hearing his voice makes me remember such nice memories. Be gerwith yourself. Hugs. <3
  • erikka3
    erikka3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *be gentle with yourself