Goal clothes not good!!!!!

Options
sexysize12
sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
I have an entire wardrobe that was hanging byinmy closet brand new various sizes I bought over time, haven't fit into 1 piece yet. I finally folded them up and put them away today, if I can't fit into any of it in the next 6 months I will be getting rid of them.

Replies

• sexysize12
    Options
    Does buying goal clothes work for you?
  • sarahjaynedyer
    sarahjaynedyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep one pair of jeans in the next size down, but I try to keep a small wardrobe of only what fits.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You bought a whole wardrobe of clothes that don't fit?

I didn't buy any new clothes but I do have that pair of skinny jeans that did once fit still in my cupboard. I'm back to that waist size but can't cram my thighs into them anymore.

Not a good idea, I should give them away, they depress me when I find them for some reason.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't buy or keep clothes unless they fit. I kept a whole pile of things for "when they fit", and they were so out of date and not my taste anymore by the time they did!
  • dotsoflisa
    dotsoflisa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a goal dress. It keeps me motivated. I only keep it because I have other dresses I can wear now so I'm not loosing out but I still have something to work towards. I tend to hold onto the clothes that are too big for me and I think that's worse cause I don't intend to wear them again I intend to keep the weight off...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. Because I can't be sure how they'll look on me, even when I do lose the weight.
  • fox_emm
    fox_emm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I do "fit" in clothes they just don't suit me, so I can't imagine buying clothes that don't even fit when I buy them, haha! I'd much rather save my pennies and get nice things when I do inevitably have to size down. :)
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I never buy 'goal clothes'. I do have clothes from 'way-back-then' that I'm still holding on to, most of them are really expensive tailor made evening dresses that I just cannot give away. I didn't get the chance to use most of them even once before I started gaining weight. My weight loss goal is to fit in them again because I was really happy with the way I looked at that size and that is why I paid so much to have them made. That being said, I do go through the rest of my clothes at least once a year to get rid of anything I haven't been able to fit in in six months.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I recently took some skirts off their hangers and put them elsewhere because they're too tight. Hopefully I'll fit into them again one day. I have a few dresses that are too small too that I hope to fit in again.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I buy clothes as I need them because I don't want to waste money on sizes I may not get to or might be too big in the end, though I have set a set amount of money aside to buy new clothes once I reach my goal weight.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't like to spend money on something i can't use. so i wouldn't buy "goal clothes."
  • sexysize12
    Options
    Thank you everyone yes I've been much smaller in my life and know what I look like in those sizes, so I figured whats the problem in purchasing them. Big one when my motivation has wavered off and on for a long time now. And the fact clothes fit differently even if its your size, I think I will donate most of them cuz it just depresses me as well having all of this. Since they are quality clothes and I got a deal I thought good, but they take up space where my current clothes should be so I bagged them up last night. No more dreaming I will work hard to really reach my goals 1 day at a time I'm down 18 lbs but its taken a while.☺
  • sexysize12
    Options
    And not to mention I could've used the money on current clothes or something else or better yet as others have said save it for wardrobe when I reach goal. Thanks for sharing and wonderful input.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i never buy goal clothes but i have kept my old pair of high school jeans as my goal pants. it's only when i hit my goals that i bought new ones :)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to say it doesn't work for me. What I find is that when I lose weight and my body shape changes, the clothes I had intended to wear.....they fit, but not the right way. The reconfiguration of things changes how they look. I used to wear cute peasant-style tops with khakis. If I try a peasant-style shirt on now, it looks ridiculous. Same for ruffles and I love ruffles! *sniff* But, I'll take it because I can wear a tank top now with no extra skin/fat wobbles at all!