Plateau...been here 3 times

Options
just started losing weight 4 weeks ago and dropped from 188 to 177. I've been here 3 other times before and the lowest mark I've gotten to is 174 but it all plateaus there. I'm determined to break through it this time. My routine is calorie restriction + cheat day. Have incorporated weight training and cut back cardio, which is new. Anyone in the same boat? Tips or motivation to get me past 174 and feeling renewed?

Replies

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Not a plateau at 4 weeks...keep at it
  • Parker6144
    Parker6144 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've hit a stop after 7 weeks. For the first four weeks, I lost only 2 or 3 pounds, then 5 pounds dropped off in 2 weeks and now nothing again. I'm consistently under my calorie goal, with only a few small over indulgences. But nothing major. It's doing my head in.
  • Parker6144
    Parker6144 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BTW it's 174 I'm stuck at as well !! Weird.
  • rickyyean
    rickyyean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been here three times. It has only been 4 weeks but I can feel it getting stuck. I'll probably stick with my current plan for another 4 weeks and really use this board to not lose motivation. After that, I might have to change up the plan as my body might just be getting adjusted.
  • BananaAssassin
    BananaAssassin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been here a few times before. The last time I dropped from 195 to 184. That was last year. Now I'm at 209lbs and going steady. Feel free to add me.