Workouts for loose skin. HELP!!

Options
I have lost a lot of weight over a few years and now I am stuck with a little bitbof skin that needs to be tightened. I feel like my body is nearly there but I need help with the last bit pleaseeeee help!!!!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting will help to a point.
  • lucybulldozer
    lucybulldozer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lift a lot now tbh :(
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Lifting should help some, but for some people who have lost a lot of weight, the skin doesn’t recover.
  • lucybulldozer
    Options
    Lifting should help some, but for some people who have lost a lot of weight, the skin doesn’t recover.

I am only 19 though so I was hoping for the beat I have got rid of a lot so far and I'm thinking about going to have it done surgically do you think that's a good idea?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I am only 19 though so I was hoping for the beat I have got rid of a lot so far and I'm thinking about going to have it done surgically do you think that's a good idea?

You are so young... just keep lifting and give it time... It should go back to normal.
  • lucybulldozer
    Options
    I know that's what I'm hoping its just been soblong and it really knocks my confident.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Is it truly loose skin or do you have fat under it? You have listed that you have 14 pounds to lose.
  • lucybulldozer
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is it truly loose skin or do you have fat under it? You have listed that you have 14 pounds to lose.

That'll never happen tbh haha I'm already underweight for my height x
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Yup. Genetics play a large role and the amount of weight too. Losing a lot of weight is pretty much going to result in inevitable skin issues. Sucks but what can you do?
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It takes a few years for skin to fully tighten on most people. Things like exfoliating and moisturizing can help speed up the process for many people, but not dramatically. If you have a lot of stretch marks it will take a lot longer and is less likely to ever go back to what you are hoping for. Also, the surgery is going to leave a very noticeable scar for the rest of your life--which can be just as demoralizing for some people as a bit of lose skin.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

In that case, bulking may help. It increases the production of growth hormones, which can help your skin. Here's an article to read: http://strengthunbound.com/bulking-complete-guide-for-beginners/
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Are you comfortable with posting a picture? It might help gauge whether it is loose skin or fat
  • lucybulldozer
    Options

In that case, bulking may help. It increases the production of growth hormones, which can help your skin. Here's an article to read: http://strengthunbound.com/bulking-complete-guide-for-beginners/

Thank you xxxxx

• lucybulldozer
    Options
    shinisize wrote: »
    It takes a few years for skin to fully tighten on most people. Things like exfoliating and moisturizing can help speed up the process for many people, but not dramatically. If you have a lot of stretch marks it will take a lot longer and is less likely to ever go back to what you are hoping for. Also, the surgery is going to leave a very noticeable scar for the rest of your life--which can be just as demoralizing for some people as a bit of lose skin.
    I have no stretch marks and I have been seeing a little difference x

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It can take up to 3 years for your skin to finish shrinking after losing weight. Best to wait a while before pursuing surgery.
  • chazza55
    chazza55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am still on a weight loss journey and so have thought about this too....from my research your only hopes are:

1) How much you had to lose in the 1st place... i read 100lbs+ you are likely to have some loose skin....could be hearsay...and could be very dependant on points 2&3 below.

2) Genetics

3) Age (younger = more elastic skin)

4) Moisturizing (particularly ones with Collagen & Elastin in...i use palmers)

5) Exfoliating - particularly "dry brushing" before a shower.

I don't think any of these are capable of performing miracles but i am trying the moisturizing & dry brushing as its cheap enough....worst case my bank balance is ever so slightly worse off.

In all honesty i do feel it helps to some extent.....but that is completely subjective and could be in my mind.

I can't say i have seen anything to do with exercises that will help other than building muscle.

Good luck.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think you need to find out for sure if it actually is lose skin. You are really young and lose skin usually happens when people lose a lot of weight to fast. You might not really be dealing with lose skin but just some excess fat. We would need a pic to tell you for sure. Perhaps you could ask someone your comfortable with seeing you.