Save my life...

Options
hi everyone, so I've come and gone from mfp for a good few years now, I can motivate myself for about a week then I give up, I mean I thought I could lose 100 in a week right!? I've lost at most 10lbs and yet I've put on over 5yrs a good 5-6 stone. I weighed myself this morning. 289lbs!!!!! That's almost 300lbs. I'm scared, really scared now if someone doesn't shake me I fear I'll leave my 2 kids and hubby alone in this world. So I'm asking you all, every single one of you to please help me. Message me support, of any kind every day, even Gillian Michaels style abuse and I promise from this morning I will log on here every day, do my excersise and work as hard as I can. Please help me guys I'm a disgusting mess..... Much love xx

Replies

• justme_Ally
    justme_Ally Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Believe and you can do it. I am here for support. Try to log everything you eat and the exercise you do. It will be okay. You can write me anytime if you need help. I am a good listener and I am around often
  • Sammie262
    Sammie262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm getting a puppy in a few weeks, so I have a reason to get off my bum at night and go for a walk, it's so easy for me to sit and watch TV all night cos I'm always tired but I think it's just pure laziness on my part.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Asking for support is all well and good, and it can help, but at the end of the day YOU have to want to do this! You are doing this for YOU so YOU need to motivate yourself. Can you think of anything that motivates you? Make a list. Personally, if I get up in the mornings and work out before work, I feel more motivated throughout the day. I have a gorgeous coat that I will fit into a few more pounds time. I have a pinterest board of motivational pictures that keep me going when I'm feeling defeated.

Everyone has such hectic lives and are on their own weight loss journey that to rely on someone else to motivate you could lead to you failing again, and it sounds like you are done with failing! You can do this! You have already made that decision, and the first steps are always the hardest, but stick with it because it does get easier (and almost addictive once you start realizing how great you feel!).

One of my favourite quotes goes something along the lines of 'even if you only lose .5lbs a week, that is still 26lbs in a year. Keep going'. When I think of it like that, it gives me hope that just because it isn't all coming off in 1 week doesn't mean it won't come off at all. So weigh your food, log everything, maybe join one of the groups, find some sort of activity you enjoy and stick with it. You got this :)
  • Sammie262
    Options
    I've tried so many things that's why I thought I'd give asking for motivation a try, I just can't seem to stick with it, each time I give myself a shake and say this is the time I will make it work, I last no longer than a week then give up for 3 months, weigh myself , cry and give it another go. Haha I'm giving it another go.... X
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hello - first of all, I'm so jealous you're getting a puppy! you aren't a disgusting mess - you can do this, just take it slow, log absolutely everything you eat. You'll have some slip ups along the way - I've been logging for a month and I'm only just starting to get the hang of it - but set lots of mini goals, don't try to cut your calories too fast and keep pushing x
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    Options
    Don't worry, I would go through a cycle of having a good week, having a slightly bad week, then having a terrible week and be right back to square one. Got stuck in that cycle for quite a while, and I really wish I could tell you there was a magic word or something that could break you out of that cycle, but unfortunately there isn't.

You just have to take each day as it comes, day by day by day. It's not a race, and this is a positive change that you want to keep up for the rest of your life. Are you trying to change too much at once? Habits can be very hard to break, especially when you have had them all your life. So take it slow and steady, baby steps. Don't think you can run for 20 minutes on your first go out, and don't feel like a failure when you can't-aim for two minutes, and build it up. Don't cut out your favourite unhealthy foods out altogether and attempt to go 'cold turkey'; gradually reduce the amount you eat to let your body and brain get used to the new routine.

I absolutely promise you that it does get easier (fun even!). You can do it :)
  • Sammie262
    Options
    Thank you, I try not to go cold turkey cos let's face it, it doesn't work for long, my main issue is lack of self worth I think. I need to think of myself as a woman in my own right instead of just a mum and wife. Hence the puppy she will be my companion and hopefully my saviour. I'll have a reason to do things instead of feeling I'm stuck to the house and family... Baby steps your right. I've had a really expensive excersise bike in my bedroom for 18 months, hardly use it other than for a clothes maid haha. Today I did ten mins on it.I know not a lot right, but I'll do ten again later, then ten tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to do 12 mins each time. Day after 14 and so on....
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    Options
    Don't worry hon, we all experience negative feelings of low self esteem and insecurities; it's hard, but you need to try and draw on those and use them as motivation to sort your life out. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction though :) And remember to celebrate the little victories; you deserve to feel proud when you manage to do an extra couple of minutes on the bike, or when you choose an apple over a chocolate bar. Try not to make it all about the number on the scale, and acknowledge those small victories, those that prove you are on the right track. I've found that that also helps me to keep motivated :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    • Motivation comes from you. Support you can get from others.
    • You say youve tried so many things, just try eating at consistent deficit for weight loss, supported by an exercise plan for fitness. If youve attempted this before its because you havent done it properly or consistently.
    • If you have self worth issues, then thats a self worth issue and not a diet one. Consider getting some help, counseling or classes in self esteem, confidence or assertiveness.
    • Besides a good plan, knowledge and the right mindset, then consider starting with small changes and keeping your tragets small, so just take it one day at a time and hit small tagets, logging for a day, week, weighing your food, as you sugested slowly doing a bit more exercise. This would all be progress but the targets should be manangeable. Once you start to get results, that can be encouraging.

Good luck. You do need to log all your food and weigh it though. Make sue your deficit is reasonable and manage your own expectations so they are realistic.

Be patient with progress and forgiving with yourself.