Day 3

ArtCorvelay
ArtCorvelay Posts: 11 Member
This is my third day of healthy eating, three days of no bingeing, no chocolate, no fried stuff. It's been ok apart from suffering from a migraine which is really hard. I also think I'm suffering from withdrawal from my old diet. Does anyone have any advice on what to do during low points in this early stage? I have zero energy and feel kind of low.

Replies

• mariafarrell09
    mariafarrell09 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey, are you sure you are eating enough. i cut my food down to about 800 calories. just lunch and dinner, no snacks or anything. after a week off this i felt so weak, had no energy, and just felt really down, still i carried it on thinking that the less i eat the more weight i would loss. how wrong was i, i lost nothing in 2 weeks. Make sure that you are eating enough. your body needs the food to lose weight x
  • ArtCorvelay
    Yeah Im pretty sure I'm not eating near enough since starting but after the migraine knocked me out I've been back and forth between nausea and cravings. I should be back on track tomorrow.
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    A small amount of really dark (75%) or more chocolate can help whith migraines
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Start with little steps. Big steps lead to big falls. Little steps lead to big steps.

If you stumble on a little step you won't beat yourself up so hard, but when you stumble on a big step you tend to be really hard on yourself and then get depressed. And that's when most people tend to give up.

And as had already been said, make sure that you're eating enough! In order to loose weight you actually need to eat (the proper foods, in the proper portions).

I suffer from migraines myself (along with headaches and seizures), so I know how they can pose a problem with exercise and dieting. I'm just getting started here on MFP, but if you'd like (anyone) send me a friend request...I could use more friends here, as I believe we can all support each other. :)
  • ArtCorvelay
    Thanks. Yes point taken, I will eat regularly. Id heard that dark chocolate can be a migraine trigger? But then I've heard of so many triggers it's difficult to keep track.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Migraine triggers are all personal - it all depends on the individual. With that being said, there are types of migraines that are categorized together which often have similar triggers.

My migraines originate from a T.B.I. (traumatic brain injury). So while I may have some of the "normal" triggers, I am also absent others. Like Chai Tea will give me an instant migraine, but caffeine won't. (Ironically...I'm allergic to coffee, but not caffeine.) I can also eat as much dark chocolate as I want until I get sick, and I won't have a migraine...at least until I get sick. :D

What I have found works best with anyone that has a migraine is to get into a cold, dark, quiet room and rest until it goes away. If you can handle (dark) chocolate, than have a little bit of it - the endorphins it will produce will help ease the pain.