Fat? Can't lose weight?

Options
Okay so maybe the title is a little exxagerated. I've lost quite the amount of weight since the start of my journey (Jan 2014).... But I still haven't reached my goal of 120 lbs. I've been STUCK at 132-134 pounds since December 2014. I've changed up my work outs a few times, in fear that maybe my body was just getting too used to my old work out.... But still nothing. Even when I sweat a lot. I don't nearly eat as much as i used to, and I only have the pleasure to eat twice a day. But even so.... Can't lose more weight. My dad tries convincing me that sometimes our bodies just stop losing weight cuz that is our "natural healthy weight".... I feel like that is such B.S.!!! According to my bmi I'm still overweight, but just barely (I'm 5'0" btw).... It's so frustrating. I know I'll never be like super model skinny.... But I want to have a healthy bmi. I want to be thin/slim. But that just seems impossible. I always look fat.... And I don't know what to do....

Replies

• Joezeeah
    Joezeeah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any weight lifting? If you are, what are they? Machine weights or free weight?
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Joezeeah wrote: »
    Are you doing any weight lifting? If you are, what are they? Machine weights or free weight?

^^^^
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP having trouble not losing weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat 100% accurately and honestly, including using a food scale if need be? Are you eating back some/all of your exercise calories? How are you determining the calories you've burned? If you aren't losing, then most likely there's going to be an issue in one of these three questions.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all of your solid foods with a scale and measuring all of your liquids? Because you could be eating more than you think you are. It's possible that you're underestimating the calories that you eat and overestimating the calories that you burn.

• TasteofEnvy
    TasteofEnvy Posts: 123 Member
    Options

No I do cardio whether it be long hiking, running or the elliptical.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all of your solid foods with a scale and measuring all of your liquids? Because you could be eating more than you think you are. It's possible that you're underestimating the calories that you eat and overestimating the calories that you burn.

This. Are you?
  • TasteofEnvy
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Are you logging everything you eat 100% accurately and honestly, including using a food scale if need be? Are you eating back some/all of your exercise calories? How are you determining the calories you've burned? If you aren't losing, then most likely there's going to be an issue in one of these three questions.
    I haven't been keeping track of calorie s at all cuz I ended up just eating almost the same thing everyday, so I knew it didn't go above my limit. I determine the calories I've burned either with a pedometer or whatever the exercise machine says.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Try tracking (weighing/measuring/logging what you eat) as machines lie. It just MIGHT be the answer you seek ..yes it's time consuming, yes I know you say you eat the same old each day, I pretty much do as well. Try it...can't hurt ;)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE will change as you lose weight, did you reset it? And IMO, you should be tracking 'til you solve this mystery. Otherwise, it's just guessing in the dark.
  • TasteofEnvy
    Options
    Your TDEE will change as you lose weight, did you reset it? And IMO, you should be tracking 'til you solve this mystery. Otherwise, it's just guessing in the dark.

TDEE?
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    well one key factor some forget is, sodium...have you checked how much sodium you have been eating..to lose weight you should drink alot of water to absorb how much you took in an that will flush it out an any excess weight you have..i found that out a month ago an weighed my self each time i used it when i had less sodium vs when i had a lot and drunk alot of water and noticed that if i drunk the right amount, it did not affect my weight at all the next day an eliminated what i took in the day before an trust me, for me to eat a whole medium pizza by myself an not gain weight for first time the next day was a shocker an i knew that key was to definitely watch sodium or if you do not watch it, then make sure to drink enough water...i know when i had enough based on if i went to restroom at all...i knew i had alot if i drunk bottles in the day an later went to bathroom in hour intervals..another time i drunk bottles but didnt go but once out the day, so i drunk more...nothing happened..weighed myself an there was a little weight gain..woke up at 7 am an then i started going every now an then an i weighed an it took the weight off an a little more.
  • BananaAssassin
    BananaAssassin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Update your weight goals and MFP will reset your calories and probably give you a new daily goal. A great way to boost weight loss is to start lifting weights. If you have any dumbbells lying around then lift them 2-3 times a week, and make sure it's heavy enough so that you struggle around the 5th rep. You might not see a weight drop but you will definitely lose inches and your metabolism will boost up.
  • Joezeeah
    Joezeeah Posts: 14 Member
    Options

^^^^
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP having trouble not losing weight.

I think it has everything to do with the original post because she says she still feels fat even after losing weight. The more muscle she builds she, the more fat she will burn and her body composition will change. Also, TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. There are calculators online that will help you understand how many calories you burn throughout the day.