Best blender to buy from Kohl's?

Options
mikeski52
mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
My mother gave my wife and I $300 in Kohl's gift cards last Christmas, and my wife agreed to let me buy a nice blender with (some of?) the money. Does anyone have any advice on which one to get?

We have a individual sized Bella blender, but sometimes it's too small for my needs. We also have a Ninja Master Prep Blender from a couple Christmases ago, but it doesn't blend as smoothly as I'd like, and is a bit of a hassle to clean.

I normally will use it for protein shakes, but I also make protein fluff every once in a while so I'd like the blender to be powerful enough to blend whole frozen berries/bananas without breaking a sweat.

My current frontrunners are the Ninja Mega Complete System and the NutriBullet Rx.

Any ideas?

Replies

• mikeski52
    Options
    Anyone? Is this the wrong board to ask this question?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Go to amazon and check reviews I'd say. I have something like the Ninja master prep actually and it works fine for me.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just have plain old $20 blender from target that blends whole frozen berries/bananas just fine. I don't think those items are a tough job.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    I just have plain old $20 blender from target that blends whole frozen berries/bananas just fine. I don't think those items are a tough job.

Me too...
  • mikeski52
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    jddnw wrote: »
    We also have a cheap blender like that, but it gets really overworked when I use it to make protein fluff, since there's barely any liquid in it. It does the job eventually but it takes a while, and I have to keep squeezing down the ingredients. I'm hoping to find something that can do the job quicker and easier.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Love my ninja
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    totally love my ninja. I used to have an immersion blender and I thought that made great smoothies. I was wrong. The ninja decimates ice and frozen fruit. No more huge chunks floating around. My hubs got me the "kitchen" system for christmas- it has a food processor like attachment, traditional blender attachment, and two individual travel mugs that you blend right in them! love it. pricey though i think.. but worth it. I've used all of it regularly.
  • mikeski52
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up getting the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo, since my wife and I didn't need all those food processor accessories that come with the Mega Complete System. It's working quite nicely!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart with the food processor puree function! You can make soups and lots of other things. Its a blender and processor in one.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Something in the Ninja family but wait til you get a 30% coupon then you can go bigger !! ;)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Oster... just look for high wattage and sturdy design.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love my nutribullet.

Edited - whoops saw you already bought the Ninja! Hope you're enjoying it and making lots of yummy things!
  • mikeski52
    Options
    MSam1205 wrote: »
    Something in the Ninja family but wait til you get a 30% coupon then you can go bigger !! ;)
    My wife wouldn't have it any other way! :)