Alternative Breakfast

Options
Usually I bring a mason jar filled 1/2 cup of almond milk with me to work.

I add Fiber one cereal to make a quick breakfast.
When I forget I usually just eat the Fiber one cereal.
This morning I noticed I had some extra mixed veggies in my mini fridge.
I decided to heat up about 2/3 cup added some hot sauce, and had me a nearly normal breakfast.

I was surprised how full I felt.

Just wondering what you eat in the way of Non Traditional Breakfast.

"If it doesn't kill me, it goes into my Dr. Laugh act.

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I had pork rinds and baby carrots for breakfast today.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've had lunch type sandwhiches, stir fries, chili, whatever. I try to have a good balanced breakfast. I'm not afraid to "spend" my calories on it. A good breakfast will stick with my right to lunch- no snack needed in between, so my breakfast cals are higher than a lot of other folks. I eat at about 7:30 in the morning and don't have lunch till 1pm most days, with only coffee or iced tea to drink and it's not a problem at all.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    almonds and string cheese is my typical work day breakfast
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Sharp Cheddar and Triscuits
    Poached Chicken breast and hummus
    Sauteed veggies

I've even been known to have salad for breakfast. I don't find sweet breakfasts all that appetizing or filling, so as long as it's savoury, I'm in.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I like spinach and eggs for breakfast, there's something about sauteed spinach in the morning that just gets me going and it keeps me full for a good portion of the morning.

I've also been known to grab leftover chicken fajitas filling and wrap one up.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My favorites are egg whites scrambled or cooked as omelet with zucchini, mushrooms, onions, peppers and tomatoes.

Also, egg fried with nontick spray on top of refried beans.

Omelets are so versatile. Can throw any leftovers in them.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's marketing or what but food is food no matter what time of day it is. If you want it, eat it! Cold lasagna is a delicious breakfast. Mmm lasagna.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love dinner leftovers for breakfast any day! Poached salmon and veggies is awesome because it is light, but protein rich and keeps me full.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    This morning I pulled out 3 turkey/zucchini meatballs from my freezer, sauteed 3oz of mushrooms, and covered the whole thing in marinara and romano cheese.

As a side note, my fiance said that he knew I was "the one" when I mentioned that I eat sardines for breakfast in our very early meeting. He does too. :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato, black beans and cottage cheese - yummy and very filling