Cravings!

Options
what are some snack that are low on calories but also fill your cravings for sweets and fried foods?

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Raisins, a teaspoon of honey or peanut butter, super dark chocolate, yogurt, tea.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Wow, well, it really depends upon what you like. There are so many. Some people are satisfied on fruit for sweets, others want a square of chocolate. Fried - hmm, you can still eat fried but you need to count the oil, obviously. What sort of foods do you like, generally?
  • rossmeghan
    rossmeghan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's the surgar and chocolate and sweets that I crave and want!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    rossmeghan wrote: »
    It's the surgar and chocolate and sweets that I crave and want!

Last night I had chocolate frozen yogurt mixed with cocoa powder, pb2, and an oreo cookie. I could have had a serving and a half of a nicer gelato or ice cream, but I was in the mood for volume and each serving of the frozen yogurt was 100 calories (I had three).

Otherwise, I save room for a serving of gelato, ice cream, cookies, dark chocolate every day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nuts for salty. Chocolate for sugar. Brownie with walnuts FTW!
  • moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I no longer crave sweets since I started taking chromium picolinate but for salt I do salted almonds, pickles or Quinn popcorn.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or carrot chips with hummus for savory snack, sugarfree gum or extra dark chocolate for sweet. Hard candies are also good for sugar craving because they take a long time to eat so you feel like you're getting a lot for the calorie 'cost' but they have NO nutritional value so your mileage may vary.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like blueberries + pumpkin spice mix

Or blueberries + goat cheese
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    brown bag micro popcorn and kernel seasonings Kettle with White Cheddar = Sweet & Salty!