Protein shakes!

Options
Which protein powder do you like the most? I'm starting meal replacement shakes this week and wanna have some input before going to GNC.

Replies

• MissBoo2015
    MissBoo2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use the "About Time, 100% Whey Protein Isolate" in chocolate (sometimes I mix it with organic peanut butter..yum!), its pretty good nutritionally speaking, no added rubbish. And tastes really nice too :)
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personal preference really. Just make sure the powder you buy is not one of the companies that got busted in the protein spiking scam (essentially using the cheapest AA's as filler and hardly any others). Easy way to tell is turn the tub over and look at the amino acid profile. If it even has one (each AA will be listed, ex: Alanine, Arganine, ....., Tyrosine, Valine, etc.) its a higher quality protein. The knockoffs typically will not.

If you are buying from GNC you are probably safe, I don't think they carry any of the black-listed brands. Their Amplified line is pretty good, haven't come across a flavor I haven't liked yet. Carnivor is pretty good to if you want a meat-based powder instead of a whey-based one. Carnivor shakes seem to keep me fuller longer, I like them for breakfast usually.
  • jasminerodrigues397
    jasminerodrigues397 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boby by vi
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Personal preference, but I tend to avoid GNC.

I use Optimum Nutrition, and I order it from Amazon.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Manitoba Harvest Hemp 70! Hemp protein.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like ON and Quest