so im losing my mind not my weight help!

Options
Hey guys yesterday marked an official month of clean eating and 30 minutes of working out every day at the least then I moved on to a vegan diet still including fish and eggs and measured my food. the first time I started eating clean I lost twenty pounds in the first month. I have lost two inches off my thighs my bell is starting to recced in my complexion is clearer but I have only lost three pounds that makes no sense. I'm going to the doctor next week hopefully you guys have some insight because its been a rough week diet (life change) and life wise and I'm losing all of my motivation.

Replies

• TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    20 pounds X 3500 calories per pound comes to a deficit of 70,000 calories in a month.
    That averages a deficit of 2334 calories a day.

So, how many calories are you consuming every day?
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, it will happen. Try start lifting weight. You said that you measure your food, do you use a food scale? Does clean eating mean no carbs?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is this 20 pounds in 30 days real? It looks like you started with 60+ pounds to loose?

I think you may need to elaborate more on this and open you diary (just for this thread) so we can give you actual advice instead of trying to nick pic your situation that is not clearly not defined above.
  • dmroberts3311
    dmroberts3311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, when I started clean eating I lost but now I can not get 10-15 more off to save my soul.
    I try differant things, but came back here for support.
    Good luck! Don't give up....
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    If you don't plan on eating "clean" for the rest of your life, don't lose weight that way. It will drive you insane. And most likely not yield good lasting results.
  • MissBoo2015
    MissBoo2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, its hard when you change so much, focus more on what you're doing as opposed to what the numbers are saying at the start. Give your body time to adjust and change, unless your sneaking in a pie everyday, the results will show
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hey guys yesterday marked an official month of clean eating and 30 minutes of working out every day at the least then I moved on to a vegan diet still including fish and eggs and measured my food. the first time I started eating clean I lost twenty pounds in the first month. I have lost two inches off my thighs my bell is starting to recced in my complexion is clearer but I have only lost three pounds that makes no sense. I'm going to the doctor next week hopefully you guys have some insight because its been a rough week diet (life change) and life wise and I'm losing all of my motivation.

How many calories are you eating a day?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    clean-eating.jpg
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Yeah, I don't even know what clean eating means.
  • onefootfoward
    onefootfoward Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yep actually real did the whole. 30 and it came off.it seems. every time i reach this weight my body just stops and yes i do lift weights i think its the only reason im seeing any change.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    When I think of "clean eating," I think of kosher, but Jews get fat, just like gentiles. If your clean eating results in eating less than you burn, then you'll lose weight. If it doesn't, you won't.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Losing three pounds per month is great. Maybe if you keep at this rate, you won't fall off the wagon and have another first month to compare it to. Because you might have lost 20 pounds the first month last time, but you didn't end up staying on track for the long term, did you?

Weight loss comes down to calories in versus calories out. Weigh your food. If you can't weigh it, measure it with measuring cups/spoons. If you can't do that, do an extremely good job estimating it (google "food portion chart" for a visual guide.) Log it all accurately. Log your exercise. Eat at least 50% of your exercise calories. Reevaluate in a month.

What is the difference between a pesco ovo vegetarian and a vegan who eats fish and eggs?
  • onefootfoward
    Options
    dairy is the difference and three pounds a month for someone at my weight is not ok. I dont eat my exercise calories that feels like a step backward.me not staying on track actually happened the first time around was emotionally so im really trying to fight it this go around.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    3 pounds is very good, actually. Are you weighing all your foods?
  • onefootfoward
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    clean-eating.jpg

if your not here to be helpful why are you posting do you not have anything better to do with your life?
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I tihnk it's hard if you've lost weight before and then gained it back. It's hard to start over again! Like some of the others suggested, maybe don't worry for the moment about making drastic dietary changes. Think of it this way: if you lost 20 pounds before eating "clean" obviously it didn't work long-term (hence, you're here again). I have tried many diets before and also yo-yo'd around, what finally worked was just reducing my overall calories and exercising more. Was it overnight results? Heck no. It took me probably 4 months to lose 20 pounds. But, here I am a year later and I've maintained my good habits AND I'm 5 pounds UNDER my initial goal weight.

I encourage you: 1) to have patience with yourself - be kind to yourself and 2) consider making room in your diet for the foods you love. You are not a bad person because you like chocolate cake. :)

Hugs to you.

PS I know you're frustrated, but your subject line was clever and made me smile. Good luck.
  • onefootfoward
    Options
    20 pounds X 3500 calories per pound comes to a deficit of 70,000 calories in a month.
    That averages a deficit of 2334 calories a day.

So, how many calories are you consuming every day?
    on the whole 30 i didn't count my calories. i just ate diffrent actually it was pretty nice but now under 2,000 a day. did you really just try to apply a formula to a person you've never ment lol if you dont belive me look at the whole 30 site im not the only one
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    clean-eating.jpg

if your not here to be helpful why are you posting do you not have anything better to do with your life?

lolumad

clean eating is pointless.

a lot of your initial loss would have been water weight. that's how it always works.

as long as you follow CICO and eat at a deficit, you will keep losing weight. and it will be easy to keep off when you are following a sustainable eating plan.

if you don't want to calculate TDEE and do TDEE-20% then just set your MFP goal to lose 0.5lb/week and follow what it says.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

Your diary is not open, so not much can be said.

You can eat as clean or dirty as you want, you need a calorie deficit to lose weight.

It sounds like you are keeping a slight deficit as you have lost 3 pounds in 1 month. Depending on how overweight you currently are, you should be able to lose up to 2 pounds per week maximum. But as you approach an ideal weight it will get harder and slower to lose.

If you want to lose weight faster, you need to create a larger calorie deficit.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Vegan and "clean eating" have nothing to do with weight loss.

Measuring your food in what? Measuring cups? Try a food scale. It makes a big difference.

3 pounds in a month is awesome!