Challenges Ahead

Options
Ok, so my inlaws are going to be in town this afternoon and will be here untill tuesday morning. They eat out all the time when they are here visiting and expect us to go along. To begin with that just gets expensive and we cant afford it and then I think about how non benificial it will be for me to eat out that much. Wednesday I am leaving for vacation wtih my parents on top of that so that will already be a week of junk while I'm out of town. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all. I want to enjoy myself while family is in town and while on vacation but I also dont want to undo all the hard work I have done already. Anyone got any advice for me?

Replies

• cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    My in laws cause the same sort of destruction ;) I found that the last time we went with them, it was very easy to check the website of the place we were going so that I knew what I wanted to choose before staring at all of the glorious menu options. Also, ask for a box when you order and put half of the meal in right away to take home for later. And don't be afraid to tell them what you're up to! They may even be supportive!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    1. Look for the healthiest thing on the menu, then eat half.
    2. See if someone else will share a meal with you.
    3. Order of the childrens menu
    4. Take healthy snacks with you, almonds, apples, pb, walnuts

Plan ahead, take control of every situation. Think about the places that they want to eat at and go online look at the menus, do some research, see what the healthiest choices will be. Good luck!