Want to look at my Macaroni Grill dinner choice?

jaga13
jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
Hi All, I just pre-logged what I plan on ordering at Macaroni Grill tonight for dinner. I have 760 calories left for today, and this will be just under that. Please take a look and let me know if you have other suggestions. I feel like it's a good splurge with bread and dessert, but balanced with only half the pasta and sauce in the "create your own pasta" category (I hope the chef will do so at my request). Thanks!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Calories seem really low from what your recorded (menu/nutritional chart) and where are the .5 bowls coming from?

But anywhooooo... splurge away!
  • jaga13
    I got the calories from both their online nutritional menu as well as MFP, so I think they're accurate...their gelato is 260 calories but I plan on eating half of it for 130 calories. Same for the pasta and sauce - I'm going to request half of each. I don't know why you think the calories are low since I cross checked the restaurant, MFP, and also actually calorieking :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    honestly, would it kill you if you go over a little bit? I say go out, have a good time, enjoy the food and company, and then get back on track tomorrow or sunday....

Part of the lifestyle change is realizing that you can go out and enjoy a nice meal and not have to worry about calories ....
  • jaga13
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    honestly, would it kill you if you go over a little bit? I say go out, have a good time, enjoy the food and company, and then get back on track tomorrow or sunday....

Part of the lifestyle change is realizing that you can go out and enjoy a nice meal and not have to worry about calories ....

The problem is, their meals average 1000 calories each, add in some bread and dessert and I wouldn't be going just a little over--I'd be doubling my daily goal. I worry if I do that once a week I'll undo all my work. Plus we have a family party for mother's day and I have no idea what will be served so I'm trying to treat tonight closer to a "normal" night and save the treat for whatever mother's day brings (wine, hopefully).

Also, now that I've gotten used to eating less calories, I am really enjoying not feeling full, bloated and gross and I don't want to set myself up for that feeling after eating out.

But I definitely appreciate your sentiment! I could just pick a low calorie salad, but that doesn't sound fun at all!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    jaga13 wrote: »

The problem is, their meals average 1000 calories each, add in some bread and dessert and I wouldn't be going just a little over--I'd be doubling my daily goal. I worry if I do that once a week I'll undo all my work. Plus we have a family party for mother's day and I have no idea what will be served so I'm trying to treat tonight closer to a "normal" night and save the treat for whatever mother's day brings (wine, hopefully).

Also, now that I've gotten used to eating less calories, I am really enjoying not feeling full, bloated and gross and I don't want to set myself up for that feeling after eating out.

But I definitely appreciate your sentiment! I could just pick a low calorie salad, but that doesn't sound fun at all!

understood...

one method people use is to get a meal and then ask for a to go box, cut the meal in half, and put half the meal in the to go box, and eat the other half...
  • jaga13
    [[/quote]

understood...

one method people use is to get a meal and then ask for a to go box, cut the meal in half, and put half the meal in the to go box, and eat the other half...[/quote]

I've definitely done that, too. I might get a 1000 calorie meal (pasta milano, or something like that) and just eat half. I guess that's just as easy.

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member

understood...

one method people use is to get a meal and then ask for a to go box, cut the meal in half, and put half the meal in the to go box, and eat the other half...

I often do that so I'm not being a PITA with the chef and asking for half of everything. Works great for those places that only serve 1/2lb hamburgers.

• jaga13
    Good point!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    The only thing is that it makes me sad that someone would just eat half their gelato.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Yeah it sounds great to me except for the gelato. Eat it!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    looks great. enjoy :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member

understood...

That's what I do. Heck, I did that before I decided committed to lose weight because I couldn't eat it all.