unsupportive family ( friends for support?)

Options
Keep getting knock backs of people and people are telling me that I'm not good enough and that I will never make it I could do with some friends to support me
Will always give support back if anyone needs it please help me much appreciated x

Replies

• lindas_eating_clean
    lindas_eating_clean Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have an overweight husband who doesn't want to change... so I cook 2 different meaks for each of us. I have friends who just think this is another "fad" of mine. No one in real life to chat with about my weight and exercise journey. Hey you are not alone!!
  • choujilee
    choujilee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    now what? I feel your pain.... I have been bullied a lot because of my weight. YOU CAN DO IT!
    I used to weigh 97kgs. I was mocked by my so-called friends and even my teacher..one time that teacher called me fat in front of the whole class. Also,They used to call me "fat, pig,oinky" you name it... I've heard them all....

I then decided to lose weight. I'm down to 56kgs. Now they think I am an addict, a drug user because I changed.... That was when I realized.......

You can never please everybody...

You know better than them... Never let them tell you what you can and cannot do..... Let them talk, let them say bad things about you, at the end of the day, it was they who made noise, criticisms and stupid generalizations. Not you :) believe in yourself
  • JBROC5
    JBROC5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like these people are toxic. Any chance you can find new people to hang out with? Sounds drastic, but the people you mentioned don't sound like friends at all. Not sure what fitness you are into, but maybe a running group or biking group-people with similar goals and interest in your area. Or maybe a reading group?
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in this journey and here on mfp we are all dealing with the same goal but each with his/her own version. Add me if you need support
  • Meggers003
    Meggers003 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, my future husband is 6 foot 3 and barely 200 lbs dripping wet. However he eats like I wish I could, pizza, wings, sugary cereal all day everyday just about. Same as Linda I typically make two meals when it comes to dinner time. One I can feel happy about eating and the other I know my fiancé will eat.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Look to people here for support, they are a very supportive bunch and I always giggle at one thing or another on here too

I learned a couple of years ago to ditch people who were just poison and dragged me down. With family members that are difficult I see them less often, and when I do I imagine a mirrored bubble round me so all their negativity and crap gets bounced right back to them

I will not allow people to hold me back, walk all over me and bully me anymore. I had it for too many years

You're too special to allow it, so starting today, just don't let it happen, don't give toxic people that power over you
  • samanthamarkham8
    samanthamarkham8 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Add.me
  • philotherianism
    philotherianism Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! You can add me if you'd like.
  • seantheking87
    seantheking87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Posts like this make me realise how lucky I am to have family who are supportive. Must be tough on my bro when I have to turn down a night out or having a few beers because of calories, but he just takes it in his stride.

Feel free to give me an add anyone who needs encouragement or active friends. I log daily and have an open diary, thought irs not always the best to look at
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Never take No, your not good enough or you can't do it, for an answer, always push the envelope! I'd add you but I'm afraid you say I wasn't good enough. ;-P
    My problem has always been I don't care enough what others think, if they don't like me they can kiss my bass!
    Always believe in yourself, you are you own best support and yet your hardest judge.
  • lucybulldozer
    lucybulldozer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lindaj913 wrote: »
    I have an overweight husband who doesn't want to change... so I cook 2 different meaks for each of us. I have friends who just think this is another "fad" of mine. No one in real life to chat with about my weight and exercise journey. Hey you are not alone!!

Thank you beautiful x
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Someone telling me I can't gives me more incentive to prove them wrong... Set your mind to your goals and don't let anyone step on them. Attitude matters! Plus what other people think of you is their problem. You do what's best for you and let them be. Most people who try to sabotage or who are ugly are miserable with themselves or jealous. You can do this! Good luck!
  • silo35
    silo35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    People will put down what they do not understand. You do this for you and no one else and be selfish about it. We have to learn to put ourselves first, we are worth it, you are worth it. This is your journey no one else's, so to hell with anyone who doesn't get it. Keep moving forward it's worth it..
  • AndiVentry
    AndiVentry Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have found that people in my life who acted this way were scared that once I got healthy they would no longer fit into my life... and you know what, they were right. They were toxic and trying to keep me down so I wouldn't see how unhealthly my relationship was with them. MFP has an amazing support system! Use it! Add me :smiley:
  • mznicoleg
    mznicoleg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation! and support! when I was first here I had so many people on here that kept me motivated, now most quit (check my friends list) add me people I will motivated and encourage you and I hope you can do the same for me...I need to do this so bad...for myself nobody else!