christine853071 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    POA good one.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I suspect next step is that OP will be PM'ing people telling the she is stuck in Africa and needs money to get home….

So the one I got about me being the heir of a Nigerian prince who never had any children or closer relatives than me in Canada is true . . . and I just need to send them my back account info so they can deposit the money for me?

• tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You could always try the new one for awhile and go back if it isn't worth it :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    naintaha wrote: »
    Save the money.

That's a bit of a problem dude. I have a bad ability to can't save money if I don't spend it there I would probably buy Xbox this month xD

If you have money problems and can't even stop yourself from spending that much money on something non-essential like an XBOX, then why are you even questioning if you should be spending more money on a gym membership?

What kind of university do you go to?

Side Note - totally wish I was still a student and had more money than I do now, working 50 hours/week as a mature adult . . . . ooh those were the days . . .
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In the kindest, most sincere way possible, I will suggest that the OP spend more time reading and writing.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OP, pick the gym which has what you need and is what you can afford...

+1 for this. Sorry but you are an adult so surely you know whether you wnat to use one or the other for the price offered? Just like you buy any other service? is it good value for money? Can you try it out or can you try for a month and then get out of the contract if need be? How important is being with your friends, sexiness or getting access to equipment?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I suspect next step is that OP will be PM'ing people telling the she is stuck in Africa and needs money to get home….

So the one I got about me being the heir of a Nigerian prince who never had any children or closer relatives than me in Canada is true . . . and I just need to send them my back account info so they can deposit the money for me?

Yes pm me for details
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    In the kindest, most sincere way possible, I will suggest that the OP spend more time reading and writing.

I agree, lol. As I was reading, I was thinking the most surprising thing about her post is that she's actually in college. I guess I'm not as kind as you. :D

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

Yes pm me for details
  • naintaha
    naintaha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    OP said "I have a bad ability not to save money"... i think considering the grammar, Xbox is a good idea..

Well, I know that my English sucks the reason is I hate grammar that's why I hardly got b+ in that subject. Just to let u guys know that I learned most of English from Movies its funny but it is true.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    OP....I gave gone to cheaper gyms and it was ok for a while but it does get frustrating. Currently I go to a much more expensive gym for many reasons one being the time I spend waiting for a squat rack, dip bar, etc...
    For me it's worth paying nearly twice as much when I factor all the problems the cheap gyms have in my area.

P.S.~ Don't pay attention to people that find it funny to make fun of someone who is learning a second language. They are more than likely very insecure in life.
  • naintaha
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    OP....I gave gone to cheaper gyms and it was ok for a while but it does get frustrating. Currently I go to a much more expensive gym for many reasons one being the time I spend waiting for a squat rack, dip bar, etc...
    For me it's worth paying nearly twice as much when I factor all the problems the cheap gyms have in my area.

P.S.~ Don't pay attention to people that find it funny to make fun of someone who is learning a second language. They are more than likely very insecure in life.

Thanks very much brother, very well said. By the way I went to that gym today and my plan is to continue there.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I just want to know that more the machines are available. Than would it effect the transformation period.

Dude machines are good, but you really need free weights, machines simply supplement your workout routines, SUPPLEMENT!!! If you're really serious about lifting and putting on size, you've got to realize this concept. Squats, deadlifts, Bench, shoulder press, lunges, shrugs, upright rows, bent over rows, pull ups, and dips. Those exercises are all you really need! Seriously! However, I do agree that you want to comfortable where you workout, but you should think about what you NEED versus what you WANT right? Also, what you need to get what you ultimately WANT! Think about it my friend. You guys agree with me?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    I just want to know that more the machines are available. Than would it effect the transformation period.

Dude machines are good, but you really need free weights, machines simply supplement your workout routines, SUPPLEMENT!!! If you're really serious about lifting and putting on size, you've got to realize this concept. Squats, deadlifts, Bench, shoulder press, lunges, shrugs, upright rows, bent over rows, pull ups, and dips. Those exercises are all you really need! Seriously! However, I do agree that you want to comfortable where you workout, but you should think about what you NEED versus what you WANT right? Also, what you need to get what you ultimately WANT! Think about it my friend. You guys agree with me?

I'd agree with this. Granted, you can use weight machines, but they will not be nearly as effective as compound movements because machines are intended to isolate movements. Basically, you can hit each individual muscle group using a specific machine, but you could spend hours in the gym every day trying to do this. Some people like that, I don't. Plus, most people probably wouldn't recommend it for people new to lifting.

However, you could do compound, free weight lifts and hit the entire body in 30-60 minutes with a good beginning program. I went for the cheapest gym that met my needs; it had one squat rack, some benches, some weight machines, and lots of dumbbells. I lifted there for a long time until the squat rack became busier (and it wasn't close to my house so the commute sucked), then I joined a gym with 2 squat racks and a power cage. It's bigger but busier, so I workout early in the morning when it's less crowded (I get there when it opens at 5am). I rarely have to wait for equipment, but you can always ask to work in if the equipment is in use.

And get your priorities straight; would you rather have the newest gaming system or to put on muscle? Put some of that money you would buy the xbox with towards a gym membership at a nicer gym if the cheaper one doesn't meet your needs.

And sexy gyms look nice; they won't get you any better results if you aren't doing effective workouts and eating properly to hit your goals.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I'd agree with this. Granted, you can use weight machines, but they will not be nearly as effective as compound movements because machines are intended to isolate movements. Basically, you can hit each individual muscle group using a specific machine, but you could spend hours in the gym every day trying to do this. Some people like that, I don't. Plus, most people probably wouldn't recommend it for people new to lifting.

However, you could do compound, free weight lifts and hit the entire body in 30-60 minutes with a good beginning program. I went for the cheapest gym that met my needs; it had one squat rack, some benches, some weight machines, and lots of dumbbells. I lifted there for a long time until the squat rack became busier (and it wasn't close to my house so the commute sucked), then I joined a gym with 2 squat racks and a power cage. It's bigger but busier, so I workout early in the morning when it's less crowded (I get there when it opens at 5am). I rarely have to wait for equipment, but you can always ask to work in if the equipment is in use.

And get your priorities straight; would you rather have the newest gaming system or to put on muscle? Put some of that money you would buy the xbox with towards a gym membership at a nicer gym if the cheaper one doesn't meet your needs.

And sexy gyms look nice; they won't get you any better results if you aren't doing effective workouts and eating properly to hit your goals.

Couldn't agree more. Your body is your most important asset, might was well splurge on a gym that has good equipment and you can get the most out of your time there. I really like my gym because there are a lot of other serious lifters there, which helps motivate me to go. I've also found that I spend less money on dumb things now that I am working out more (I don't have time to sit around and get bored, when I used to be inclined to spend money on entertainment), so that money I spend on the more expensive gym is not really missed.
  • naintaha
    Options
    Brolympus wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Your body is your most important asset, might was well splurge on a gym that has good equipment and you can get the most out of your time there. I really like my gym because there are a lot of other serious lifters there, which helps motivate me to go. I've also found that I spend less money on dumb things now that I am working out more (I don't have time to sit around and get bored, when I used to be inclined to spend money on entertainment), so that money I spend on the more expensive gym is not really missed.

Thanks buddy I think its been 4 days that I'm going to that new gym and I really like it there. Most of the lifters there are in good size n shape that inspires a lot also I don't have to wait for any equipment.