Has anyone ever used. ..

Options
2»

Replies

• jchristyhamilton2012
    jchristyhamilton2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree :( no need to come at ppl like that!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that pretty much anything called a "supplement" is just another word for "useless junk we can sell you under the FDA's radar".

Your liver and kidneys do all the "cleansing" your body requires.

There are only a couple semi-effective appetite suppressants available on the market and you will need a doctor and their supervision to use them because they are dangerous.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare and love it. It's all about nutrition and lifestyle change. I think its a good companion to mfp.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Obviously, you don't understand weight loss. You don't lose weight by eating more. You lose weight when you eat less than you burn. If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much.

Wow thanks! Actually a Dr recently told me that I may be starving myself and not eating enough calories, thus not losing weight. It didn't make sense to me at the time but I thought maybe, since they were a Dr, they might know something I don't.

In the future you don't need to be so harsh and try to make someone feel stupid!

I don't see where Timothy said anything harsh, but he did tell the truth.

Doctors are often not the best ones to give out weight loss advice. Really, you don't hold onto weight when you eat too few calories, you lose weight. If you were literally starving, you would lose weight.

You only weigh 140 pounds, meaning you probably don't have that much to lose in the first place.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money and eat at a deficit.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you believe that simple math is wrong ... then it isn't other people's comments making you feel stupid, it is your self recognition that you believed bovine excrement. Starvation mode as you (and apparently your doctor ... a field that is woefully ignorant on nutrition) describe is a lie.

Eat less than your body uses which forces your body to use stored fat for fuel resulting in weight loss. That requires accurate logging of your intake ... accurate calculating your activity caloric burns ... and an honest assessment of your resting metabolic needs.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    Weight loss supplements? I did the advocare cleanse and lost 8 pounds. I don't really have the $75 to do the whole challenge so I've been looking at other things. Had anyone ever used supplements from GNC or bought anything online that worked well?

Nope. No need.

It's a whole lot less expensive to simply eat less and exercise more.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    Ok, but I've tried that for two years with no success. Eliminating sugar and salt and dairy, eating a lot of protein and fruits and veggies - that worked. But now without the fiber drinks and probiotics, I'm not having further success. It's frustrating.

Is it possible that I'm not eating enough or something? I weigh 140 right now and am a teacher. I spend far too much time at a computer for work so exercise isn't as strenuous as I would like. ..

Advice????

Enter your information and goals into MFP. Set yourself as sedentary.
    MFP will give you a maximum calorie limit.
    Weigh and log everything you eat. The first few days you may go over that limit. Figure out what you can drop so you can be under that limit.
    Eat under your calorie limit.
    Stick with it. You might not see results in the first couple weeks, but then they'll come.

Note: you can eat whatever you want, the challenge comes in whether or not what you eat has staying power. You can eat that piece of cake and stay under your limit ... but does that mean you can only have a small bowl of veg later? My calorie limit has forced me to think carefully about everything I eat.

If you exercise, you can add that into the exercise area. Just know that MFP over-estimates the calories burned so you might want to adjust their numbers down a bit.

Many of us eat about half the exercise calories back. This gives us a little bit of freedom to have a few extras in our diet.

If you're a teacher, can you get up and walk around the classroom? I wouldn't count that as exercise, that would just be bonus activity.

Can you do things like walk to and from work? Is there a gym on campus you can use? After work, you might consider winding down by going for a 1-hour walk or bicycle ride. Things like that ...

• alyxls
    alyxls Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use the women's vitapak from GNC. They're somewhat expensive but they often have BOGO. I haven't noticed am any help in weight loss but it helps supplement my diet. And my skin has improved. I'm assuming for people who don't swing shifts it may help with energy.
  • seckard16
    seckard16 Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    <3
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use Advocare and love it. It's all about nutrition and lifestyle change. I think its a good companion to mfp.

Especially the part where you con people into being dope dealers so you can get your product for free, MFP is all about that.