4'10 starting my journey at 140 pounds!

Options
As you may know from my other posts im a new mother, my daughter will be a year in july. I used to be a slim 90 pounds but I gained a lot of weight with pregnancy. Its not really about losing weight but about toning up for me, Are their any exercise plans or diet plans you guys follow? thanks for the help!!

Replies

• InfDayz83
    InfDayz83 Posts: 1
    Options
    The first solution my doctor always told me is not to drink Soda products you will drop literally 20-35 pounds in water weight over 90-150 days.
  • dee_sea_tea
    dee_sea_tea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That statement REALLY only applies to people who drink a ton of soda to start with, I drink less than one cup of it a week so cutting it out doesn't make a dramatic difference in my calorie consumption, however you should limit your intake of calorie laden beverages as an easy change if you currently ingest a lot of them. Try to eat real foods, use low fat condiments and drink lots of water. This website i s a great tool to track where your calories come from and where you can make changes as well.
  • mariabgood
    mariabgood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In terms of how I eat, I have tried cutting back on sugar, and it does help, and on other simple carbs, and eating more fruits and vegetables. But really, it's all about the math - calories in and calories out. MFP is great because it helps you track all that and tells you when you need more calories and when you are consuming too many to lose weight. In terms of exercise, I try to do cardio when I can, at least 30 minutes during the day if possible (doesn't have to be all at once as long as my heart rate goes up when I do it) - this is easier some days because one job requires me to park downhill from the office; other days I don't do as well unless I intentionally make time for a walk at home or go to the gym. What is really kicking up my fitness level right now is a group power class at my local Gold's Gym. It's group resistance training to music; it's fun, the hour flies by; the instructors push me where I would normally wimp out on my own; the cost is included in my regular gym membership. My next goal is to get back into spinning class, which is an awesome calorie burn.