MIDNIGHT CALORIES..

Options
okay.. last night i went to the midnight showing of pirates. at the movie i had about half an icee and 5 sour patch kids. i am confused if i put them on today's day or yesterday's day, since i had not been to sleep yet? my boyfriend says to put them on yesterday (5/19)?

Replies

• CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    really up to u! did u have calories left over yesterday? then put it there!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I'd agree with your boyfriend too seeing as you hadn't slept yet.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i think 12 is weirdly considered the next day. it always messed with my head.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I always just go by sleep, vs actual time. So I'd put it under yesterdays :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I count them as the day I've been tracking, it's not a new day until I've slept (barring pulling all nighters for some odd reason like my F1 races)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, really. You're body doesn't have an internal clock that resets itself to the next day, after all. Put them on either day and then account for that in today's calorie intake.

My husband works nights, but stays up more in the day on his days off (ugh, hate the shift). I think he puts in everything from waking to going to bed the next morning as that day, even though some of it is really the next. (And he eats dinner with us for his "breakfast" and cereal in the morning for "dinner" before going to bed. Talk about confusion!