Motivation

Options
I am so new to running, but I love it. I can't run (on the treadmill) for very long yet, but I am working on it. I do so much better when I have music that has a "running" beat to it. The song that is working for me right now is the Katy Perry/Kanye West song E.T. When that song comes on I feel like I HAVE to move faster. I want (no I need) more songs that will get me going. I listen to ALL different types of music so I am wondering what songs help you guys get it moving?

Replies

• sm1986
    sm1986 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have 101 running trax from MoS, very good if you like dance music. Mens health also released some running CDs that promote a steady raised heart level for runners, not sure how good they are though (had big name dj involvement)
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    not sure if your into the pop scene but i've just got britney's new one as most of them are of a wrkout mentality and make you wanna move, There's also a 101 running song album out there with alsorts. Hope this helps :) G'luck
  • amjmomma
    amjmomma Posts: 41
    Options
    My go-to song is "Untouched" by the Veronicas. It has a great beat and it really gets me going! I have been running for almost two years now and I am currently training for my second half marathon. It's wonderful and I congratulate you for taking such an awesome step for yourself! You'll love it!
  • bia_bia1
    bia_bia1 Posts: 2
    Options
    basically all of rhianna's new songs that are really like kind of electronic like the one I just wanna a Dance, and and then the one i dont remember exactly what its called but um she says "im bad but im perfectly good at it"

Interestingly, and what worked for me really well was actually playing like medium-up beat but kind of calm songs that just let your mind stray...(for me a lot of laura marlings songs) give much more endurance than the faster "running" songs!

Like when i listen to the upbeat, i run hard, but for a short time...like 8 minutes ahahaa im out of shape...but with the slower songs that calm me but hold my attention..make me forget im running so i dont pay attention to being out of breath or the pain in my muscles and i can just run as a good medium speed for a little more than 30 minutes!
    So depending on what oyu want from your run, you could try the slower music and then use the upbeat stuff for when your doing weights or push ups, or sit ups for that extra oomph.
    but of course, ultimately you should do what works for you, i thought id just tell about something i found interesting.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a similar topic. I need motiviation music. I will have to look at that 101 song track or whatever it was called.

Thanks for the info, looking to hear other answers.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Rhapsody so I listen to that on my iPod. I mostly listen to dance pop, techno, and trance. The energy keeps my spirits high and motivates me to take it to the next level. Some artists that I listen to a lot are Tiësto, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, September, David Guetta, Kaskade... too many to list.