I'm failing

Options
I was doing quite well, excersising lots, eating reasonably well and losing. I then had to go on a residential trip to the middle of nowhere with work for team building. There were no shops just a cafeteria that served the worst food imaginable. So I didn't really have a choice. I was there for 5 days and I FEEL awful and I feel like all the work I did over the past 4 weeks has been defeated. I look terrible, bloated- fat.....What should I do?

Replies

• brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Move on! 5 days don't mean anything on this journey. Just continue to do what you have done for the past weeks :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You stated that that the food there was the "worst food imaginable" . Was this in terms of taste?

I guess not because you still ate the food and must have ate enough to keep you out of your deficit because I am assuming that you gained weight during this time?

Well it has already happened and you can not uneat that food. You can feel defeated if you want, and you can have your pity party for a day, but get back up and start again... The choice is yours..
  • mirreybirrey101
    mirreybirrey101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I
    gia07 wrote: »
    You stated that that the food there was the "worst food imaginable" . Was this in terms of taste?

I guess not because you still ate the food and must have ate enough to keep you out of your deficit because I am assuming that you gained weight during this time?

Well it has already happened and you can not uneat that food. You can feel defeated if you want, and you can have your pity party for a day, but get back up and start again... The choice is yours..
    Well it was fries (chips) and burgers and crap like that so yeah wasn't great. No I've no intention on having a pity party. I just need the motivation to keep going
  • laurabethless
    laurabethless Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying. Forget those five days and just don't let it turn into weeks. Start now and get back on track :)
  • mirreybirrey101
    mirreybirrey101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys xxx
  • MikkiBeau
    MikkiBeau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Try refocusing - writing that week off, learning from it and how to do it better next time - set some goals and wake up tomorrow looking forward! We cannot change yesterday but we can definitely change tomorrow....
    Good luck!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I

Well it was fries (chips) and burgers and crap like that so yeah wasn't great. No I've no intention on having a pity party. I just need the motivation to keep going

Burgers and fries are ok. These are not bad foods.. Yeah they may not be at the top of the food chain, but it is food.

You have to choose to moderate how much you consume.. These are types of things you have to brace yourself for. Sometimes life is happening despite your diet, and you have to make choices when needed. Just eat half of it or a smaller portion.

I am not dogging that you feel bad, but all of this comes with learned behavior and new ways to adhere to things that are not within your norm..

Just keep going... You learned from this experience because you wrote this..
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    just get back on track. sounds like you are doing great. i have week long camping trips with friends and drinking and eating all kinds of rubbish but once am home i get back on track :)
  • missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and work harder than ever before! :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Use that feeling as motivation. You don't want to feel like Crap so use that to make your self get back on track. You can do it :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. You didn't discipline your food intake on your residential trip because you lost your motivation. You can't get motivation back with a few rah rahs from people on MFP. YOU have to decide to get back on track, and once you do, the pounds will start falling again.
  • AbnormalYak
    AbnormalYak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This isn't something you can fail at. It's not like an exam or a sports event - you don't get one shot and you either succeed or fail. This is more like learning a musical instrument - it's a lifelong process of practice and learning. You can't fail to learn piano, you can only quit trying.
    So looking at it that way, what can you learn from this experience? What could you have done differently that would have been better? What could you do differently next time you are in similar situation?
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Put it behind you, learn from it and get back on the healthy train
  • MrPlate
    MrPlate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself the truth. Because, the truth is, this works. And you know it from personal experience. At least you don't have to worry about looking for a solution. Recall your goals and why you chose them. I bet if you took a survey you would find most people who have succeed with MFP have cheated before!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I

Why wouldn't you keep going? If anything, this should spur you on to great diligence now.

Did you gain weight?

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You *always* have a choice.

Push away from the table. Put down the fork.

• ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You keep going and aim to do better, you can do this! Drink lots of water too.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One thing I do if burgers are all that are around is ditch the bun. Saved 200 calories + right there. :-)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You *always* have a choice.

Push away from the table. Put down the fork.

Yes.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    The sooner you begin undoing the 5 days of overeating the sooner you will be back on track to your goal.

Work events for team building that take people away from their families unnecessarily aren't real high on my list. Especially when it doesn't involve great hotels and dining. Who was the idiot who planned the event at your office and decided that feeding you crap was ok?