quest bars

Options
Also is it true you can cook or microwave quest bars?

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that, though I prefer to eat them uncooked. It's easier for me to savor the quest bar over a longer period of time (sometimes it takes me an hour to eat one) that way.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are recipes for making all kinds of things out of Quest bars. I just eat them right out of the package:)
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yeah i microwaved the chocolate brownie one once and it was kinda gross lol. just eat it out of the package.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Some people microwave them. I don't.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    They are delicious microwaved, but only put them in for a short time. Nuke it on a plate then eat it with a spoon. It totally changes the texture. If I am in the car, I leave it on the dashboard in the sun which makes it go all gooey - yum!
  • edbocchino
    edbocchino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10 secs in the microwave softens up the texture nicely and makes it easier to eat. Make sure to unwrap it first unless u want a lightning storm
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've never microwaved them. I wonder if microwaving them would make some of the flavors taste better.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is true and they taste delicious that way! Microwaving them makes them like a gooey cookie or brownie. I usually put them in the microwave for about 7 seconds to get them soft and gooey without completely melting them. Putting them in the oven is my favorite! I set my oven to 350 and let it preheat. Put the Quest bar on a non-stick cookie sheet or some foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then, pop it in the oven for 6-7 minutes. It comes out crunchy on top and gooey and melty and delicious on the inside! It's especially good to do with the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor, in my opinion! If you like it extra crunchy on top, turn the broiler on in the oven just for the last minute it's in there. I would highly recommend trying them this way!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I tried microwaving the cookie dough one because I heard it was so much better that way. I didn't really care for it. I prefer them right out of the package.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I don't microwave my Quest bars.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I've also heard that, though I prefer to eat them uncooked. It's easier for me to savor the quest bar over a longer period of time (sometimes it takes me an hour to eat one) that way.

Try freezing them, they last even longer :joy:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    NEVER MICROWAVE ! I love them baked they puff up and taste like cookies. I've baked the chocolate chip cookie one and it is like chocolate chip cookies. It is nice variety on the taste! I also love the apple pie baked. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/25/ac/5a25ac285836a888732c26a5ceaae6b7.jpg
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great thanks everyone and i never knew you could freeze them how long do you bake them for?
  • pebbleslaura1
    Options
    NEVER MICROWAVE ! I love them baked they puff up and taste like cookies. I've baked the chocolate chip cookie one and it is like chocolate chip cookies. It is nice variety on the taste! I also love the apple pie baked. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/25/ac/5a25ac285836a888732c26a5ceaae6b7.jpg

They look fab
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options

That looks so good :) I didn't like the microwaving at all. I love quest bars, but I'm currently on low FODMAP so not allowed unfortunately :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Great thanks everyone and i never knew you could freeze them how long do you bake them for?

I set to 400 and put on tin foil then keep oven on and watch them until done. Usually it takes 10ish minutes!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I just tried the microwave thing a couple months ago. Amazing! The cinamon roll or apple pie is awesome. I now have to heat it up. Infinitely better in my opinion.

This for me too. I don't like them all, but these two flavors, micro'd for 12 sec. or so....make it much better! Hate them otherwise.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I think the cookies and cream is greatly improved after being nuked. I like all of them microwaved but I do eat it faster that way.
  • pebbleslaura1
    Options
    Thanks everyone xx