The Weigh In.

Options
So, I weigh myself every morning naked and after a restroom break. I log my weight in MFP regardless if I lose or not.

I notice that it keeps a tally of weight lost even if I'm losing the same couple of pounds over and over again due to weight fluctuations.

Kind of gives me a fake sense of accomplishment.

Should I only be logging if I have lost and not gained?

I have a 80 day streak of weight logins.

Replies

• grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think that's a personal preference. Some people like to see the fluctuations to see what foods/caloric intake works for them. I personally only way once a month. Blessings.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yeah i hated that so i ended up only logging new lows on mfp. Didnt want friends (or me) to think i was losing the same weight over and over. I still weigh daily, but log them everyday on a separate app to watch for trends and monitor fluctuations. Its just become routine to log them everyday and log only lows on mfp.
  • pdelozier76
    pdelozier76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah i hated that so i ended up only logging new lows on mfp. Didnt want friends (or me) to think i was losing the same weight over and over. I still weigh daily, but log them everyday on a separate app to watch for trends and monitor fluctuations. Its just become routine to log them everyday and log only lows on mfp.

What kind of app? Is it for ios?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Weight Trend +. It will give you a graph like on here along with a downward line showing the overall loss. It's available on iOS.
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Yup ios. I use "my weight" and "happy scale" for daily weigh ins & mfp for losses
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    I should add that happy scale works best the more weights you enter. I had a month or two worth of weights from mfp i manually entered. I like seeing my "trend" weight, so i know im doing good despite fluctuations.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I log all weight in an app called Libra and only log losses on MFP
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I log both gains and losses on MFP, but weekly (I weigh in every Monday). I delete losses that aren't new lows off of my feed, so nobody congratulates me for weight I didn't lose. :)