It's it me or nah

Options
It's been a year since my weight loss journey and I have deeply lost my motivation and I don't know what to to

Replies

• Misshelgeson
    Misshelgeson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Losing weight or maintaining is time and all consuming just remind yourself how difficult it is if you get too far off I've lost 28lbs and have about 20 more to go I wouldn't want to start all over again and that motivates me to keep going good luck
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's you.

I'm not being mean just truthful. We all have to face the same truth: our problems are our problems.

Don't worry about the year, worry about the rest of your life. Focus on moving forward not looking backward.

The only real advice I have to give is the same thing I told myself last September: Stop buying you own B.S.

Once you do that, the rest becomes easy(ier).
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Have you kept any of your thoughts in a journal or even just on your status? Try to remember why you've stuck with it for a year. That's a huge commitment you've already invested. You can do it !!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I made that mistake and have 8 more pounds to get to where I slipped from. Motivation comes and goes and we really can't count on it. Form your good habits and just try to stick to them. I find that treating myself to something special helps me get back on board and realizing that I am worth the time,effort and commitment it takes. As a treat you can go for a massage, get your nails done, get a facial, take a class just for fun (like cooking), or even just a long soak in a tub with some fancy bubble bath.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I get that way too sometimes. I only have to look at myself naked in the mirror- I mean really look, and I realise I can't give up. I find it really hard to do and for me it is very emotional. I was blind for much of my life how big I had become. I am over 300 pounds. But that in around a month I hope will change and I will be down into the 200's.
    You can do it- because YOU deserve to be fit and healthy and at your age you will be smoking hot in no time!