Insanity on Exercise Profile.

Options
I love Insanity but I can never find it on the cardio exercise profile ?

Am I looking in the right place or does anyone know how many calories are burnt in the average class ?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I found that for cardio, calories burned vary as per individual intensity. I measure my cardio calories burned with a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). I use Polar FT7
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • erinbatt23
    erinbatt23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor for insanity (polar FT4) and then just created my own exercises and labeled them based on the video I do that day. Everyone will burn different amounts, I don't think there's an average amount you can base it off of.
  • Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys I may have to invest in one of these.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There's some pretty wild claims on the internet for burns. I've seen claims of 600 for month 1 and 1000 for month 2 workouts in several blogs and sites.

In reality, I'd say about half that at most.

I'd be skeptical of what an HRM says too. With all the breaks and 10 minutes of stretching in each workout where your heart rate is still elevated, it's going to calculate an additional 15+ minutes of burn when you're really not doing anything.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yea, not sure an HRM would be good for Insanity.
  • Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine is an Insanity class at the gym its a 45 minute class no 10 minute breaks 30 seconds break in between each set of four exercises then a minute break for the instructor to explain the next set of 4 exercises if that makes sense

To be honest with these sort of classes I do not think you can get an accurate calorie amount, I think ill go for a rough estimate.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused about the HRM inaccuracy thing. I use one whilst doing the Insanity workouts (currently in Recovery Week) and it tracks all of the changes up and down for the duration with the lows and highs. I can go into the app (Garmin) and see a graph of my heart rate. Now I do allow for some calorie burn inflation but surely it can't be so inaccurate as to inflate by double?