lunch recipes under 500

teewhylly
teewhylly Posts: 8 Member
My job has a cafe that makes cook to order lunches. It gets tempting to want to order all the bad stuff. I already eat baked chicken and baked tilapia wit veggies or a salad for dinner. I need help wit a low calorie lunch ideas. Please help!!!

Replies

• ambersanford204
    ambersanford204 Posts: 37 Member
    Do you eat eggs and bread?
    I just made a duck egg salad substituting some mayo with fat free yogurt and it was like 277 calories per half cup serving plus the calories of the bread. Add some cucumbers or other veggies and you'd be set and full! Let me know if you want the recipe.
    Mine was made with duck eggs, but chicken eggs would be even lower calories
  • Rabid_Hamster
    Rabid_Hamster Posts: 338 Member
    What about Jamabalaya? I just found this recipe this morning.
    allrecipes.com/Recipe/Colleens-Slow-Cooker-Jambalaya/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=colleen%27s%20slow%20cooker%20jambalaya&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe&soid=sr_results_p1i1
    With a serving of brown rice it's under 500 calories
    I'm looking for the same thing so other ideas are helpful to me also.
  • sarahrhinckley
    sarahrhinckley Posts: 3 Member
    My go to is a chicken and veggie wrap.
    Cook some chicken tenders (4 oz.) however you prefer (I usually pan sear them with salt, pepper and garlic powder), chunk them up and throw them on a large flour tortilla. Take a lot of spinach or fresh spring greens and throw them onto the wrap with about 1/4 of a cup of part skim milk shredded mozzarella. Add a little bit of salsa (whatever kind you like), shredded carrots and a tablespoon of that ortega taco sauce for some added flavor.

Wrap - 210 calories
    4 oz. Chicken - 110
    Mozzarella - 80 calories
    Salsa (1/4 cup) - 10 calories
    Spinach/Lettuce - <10 calories
    Taco Sauce (1 tbsp) - 10 calories
    Shredded Carrots ~ 20 calories
    Total - approximately 450 calories for a big, hearty lunch.

If you don't like eating a lot at lunch, you can definitely cut your wrap in half and save it for the following day and have some fruit alongside your half wrap. Also, you can substitute in and out vegetables to suit your palate, that's just my favorite sum of ingredients for a nice delicious wrap.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    A can of tuna and a bag of steamable veggies.
  • teewhylly
    teewhylly Posts: 8 Member
    I thank all of u. Everything sounds delicious. Im definitely going to try the wrap! !!