Tracker recommendations

Options
I have just lost my Fitbit One. I know Fitbit will often replace them, but I'm not holding out much hope because I've had it for longer than a year. Since I bought it, lots of other trackers (Garmin etc) seem to have come onto the market so I'm wondering what people would recommend as a replacement?

I obviously want something that will track my steps and synch with my Android phone. I quite liked the sleep tracker but that isn't essential. Is there any advantage to having one with a HR counter and what other functions are available?

Any advice would be welcome, thanks

Replies

• velocitykate
    velocitykate Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Forgot to say, it would be good if it will also synch with MFP!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    What do you want to use your new tracker for? Do you want it primarily for steps and basic all day activity tracking? Or do you want it primarily to calculate more accurate calorie burns and data from workouts like running, cycling, swimming, etc.? And do you want a tiny one that can hide and you can wear it all the time under your clothing? Or do you want a wrist band? And do you plan to wear it all the time or only for workouts?

We can't give you proper recommendations until you tell us what exactly you want the tracker to do for you. :smile:
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options
    And the advantage of the HRM is that it accurate calorie burns for workouts.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have an Up24 now but reallllllly miss my FitBit. If I had my druthers I would be back with FitBit.
  • velocitykate
    velocitykate Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think a wristband one would be better - I think I managed to lose the Fitbit One because it was just clipped to my clothes, I would wear it all the time

Primarily I want it for steps and sleep tracking. I'd like it to have an alarm on it like the Fitbit One. I run a little bit and I do have a separate HR monitor, but i hardly ever use it and think if I had HR capability included with a fitness tracker, I'd be more likely to use it. A clock would be good, but isn't essential. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 if that matters, but I think they're all compatible with my phone.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    And the advantage of the HRM is that it accurate calorie burns for workouts.

Not really. HRMs are not, I say again are not, calorie counters.
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options
    I think a wristband one would be better - I think I managed to lose the Fitbit One because it was just clipped to my clothes, I would wear it all the time

Primarily I want it for steps and sleep tracking. I'd like it to have an alarm on it like the Fitbit One. I run a little bit and I do have a separate HR monitor, but i hardly ever use it and think if I had HR capability included with a fitness tracker, I'd be more likely to use it. A clock would be good, but isn't essential. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 if that matters, but I think they're all compatible with my phone.

If you really liked Fitbit, the Fitbit Charge might be good for you. The Garmin Vivofits or Vivosmart may be good too.
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend any FitBit product whatsoever! I have the Surge and can attest that HR is extremely poor at best. I am on my third Surge and trying to get it replaced for multiple reasons that exist in all three. Stick to a pedometer that will actually track your steps. Surge will lose 50% of steps taken or more depending on various reason. Its HR tracking will track high for everyday activities and resting HR will also be tracked high. Sleep tracking is spotty at best. I have slept all night with no sleep recorded and I have been eating lunch/dinner and moving around and it will track as sleep. You can manually enter sleep, but it will not always provide data for the times you enter. Battery life for all of mine have never gone past four days. Though they claim 7 days. I can't use it it for most of what it is supposed to do. I have a $250 piece of junk. They have 10's of thousands complaining on the forums about these and many more problems. If a moderator or admin does reply, which is extremely rare, they will tell you to reset your watch. If you call the is no technical support, just a customer service rep located in the Philippines and India who will tell you to reset the watch and then you will get an email asking if you still need assistance with your problem. When you reply yes you will never hear from except another email several days later saying they are closing your ticket.
  • MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also have a Fitbit one, I like it..it is ok..was thinking of getting a fitbit Charge HR, but I too have seen other trackers..like jaybird reign, misfit...I love this thread..I have also seen a lot of complaints about the fitbit surge..curious about what others think of the other trackers.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more (and find Fitbit friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months—meaning my Fitbit burn is 100% accurate.
  • zeroh13
    zeroh13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for a new tracker, and I'm curious which ones are the most accurate when it comes to calculating calorie burn.