Shopping NSV!!!

MusicalMe
MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
This may seem small, but with 160 total pounds to lose, I have to focus on small wins.

I went shopping today and grabbed some clothes to try on. I started my journey 3 1/2 months ago wearing a 2x/24W. About a month ago I was able to start wearing 22W bottoms and a 1x top. So, today I grabbed those sizes and tried them on. The shorts were big and I could get the 20Ws on; they were just a little tight. Imagine my surprise when I put on the shirts and was SWIMMING in them! I had grabbed one 0x to try, on a whim, and it fit me great, if not a little big. So, you all know what I had to do next, right? I wandered over to the "normal sizes" and grabbed a few XL shirts to try on. Several of them fit perfectly! The ones that were cut a little smaller were snug, but they didn't look that bad. I'm not going to lie, I cried. It's been two years since I was able to wear a non plus size shirt. I'm down 32 pounds and 40 inches so far and I can't wait to see how these next pounds and inches change my body!

Replies

• K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    That is really great! congrats on your progress! I hope that your journey continues to be just as successful until you reach your goal! The fact that you have come this far shows that you have what it takes to all the way to where you want to be!! Keep it up :smile:
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats! :mrgreen:
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Terrific job!!!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Good for you, that’s amazing!! You’re well on your way, congrats on your efforts and success thus far. You totally got this!! :smile:
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Awesome job! I think the shopping NSV are some of the best victories ever and the greatest feeling in the world! Keep up the good work. :)
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    That's awesome!!! Keep it up :smiley:
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Awesome feeling! For me, once i finally lost a size, it started going faster. I made the mistake of buying several size xl work scrubs, and i outgrew them in like a month and a half. Thursday, i wore a size large top & bottom to work!!!

Enjoy this feeling! You did it! And you'll have several more nsvs to look forward to. Great job!!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Wonderful!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    I know exactly how this feels and....I cried too!!! :)
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Congrats! Such an amazing feeling! :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Such a wonderful story to share! Congratulations :smile:
  • Mom2MandN
    Mom2MandN Posts: 46 Member
    Great job I to had a NSV and shopping this weekend Its the little things that are awesome.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Awesome! You will be venturing to the normal sizes more often soon enough :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!