Flavoring coffee without the cals!

Options
heelsanddeals
heelsanddeals Posts: 15 Member
hey all! Best new trick ever! I put a few drops of extract in my coffee (vanilla, almond, coconut) and a splash of my fav premade vanilla protein shake. So good! No bad sugar cals like the crazy creamers out there! Enjoy!

Replies

• JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've tried adding peppermint tea to mine, can't say I was a huge fan but it could be worth a try.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ^^I love those coffee flavors, I used to hit up the coffee shop next to my work and flavor my coffee from home lol...they were cool with my cheapness after all, I would buy their $3 muffins
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Drop an anise star into it.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Im so glad I don't like flavored coffee...
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's fun to throw some ground spices into the coffee grounds before it brews. So cinnamon or gingerbread spice mix. It's subtle and it makes things interesting.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I add some unsweetened almond milk (only 30 cals for about 1 cup!) and a tiny dash of french vanilla creamer. Good idea with the vanilla extract, gonna do that tomorrow morning instead of the creamer.

Dunkin Doughnuts has some yummy flavored coffees out right now that you can make at home.
    Sometimes it's fun to throw some ground spices into the coffee grounds before it brews. So cinnamon or gingerbread spice mix. It's subtle and it makes things interesting.

Oh good idea too!! :smile:
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add a tablespoon of Hershey's baking chocolate to my grounds before I brew. Yum. :) I generally do not sweeten my coffee and have just a splash of milk.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jordans skinny (calorie free) coffee syrups are pretty great and on offer atm in tkmaxx atm. I just got 19 bottles in different flavours. (Should keep me caffinetted for a while)

The salted caramel chocolate is just amazing in a morning brew!

Sodium can be kinda high in some flavours.
  • tawnyann72
    tawnyann72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Liquid stevia they have different flavors and almond milk.. :-)
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Shake some cinnamon over the ground coffee before brewing. So good!