cheat days!

Options
learkelsey
learkelsey Posts: 18 Member
How many cheat days a month do people have? And what do you typically eat?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I do not plan any "cheat" days.
    Some times, I can not eat according to plan for whatever reason (i.e. emergency, I am not at home, I have to eat out, etc). I eat the healthier option available, in moderation but I usually will go over my daily calorie target. So be it.
    I go back to my nutrition plan, the next day.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday but, everyone is different. You gotta find what works for you. I have lost 30 lbs in 3 months so this is what works for me.
  • MommyAguirre
    MommyAguirre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have our cheat days on sunday we go out to eat he has his soda.. i gotta have my chocolate fix.. i still log in my food.. sometimes i go over by 500 (Yikes) but if i.stick to my calories n exercise. Throughout the week my scale still goes down so it works for me n i've lost 47lbs ...21 of them by counting calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    learkelsey wrote: »
    How many cheat days a month do people have? And what do you typically eat?

None... IIFYM
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i never have planned cheat days. i will not eat crap for one whole day just for the sake of allowing myself but if i happen to eat a more-hearty meal, then eat a more-hearty meal...not a big deal. i don't consider that 'cheating' rather "enjoying the moment". i eat clean 99% of the time so one meal that's not a regular meal of mine isn't a big deal to me because i know that it's not going to do anything.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    One while cutting, two when I'm maintaining.
    I have cheat evenings not days though, but they can be pretty epic. Weight seems to come right back off and then some 48 hours later whilst keeping me sane and sociable.

As too what I typically eat usually American, Mexican or chinese buffet at a resturant. I'm iifym too though so I eat a (big but sensible) carvery once a week and food i crave when i crave it just because it fits in, Cheat days are carb fests for me. Find whatever keeps you sane and go for it!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    500 is not bad that's over a week you can run or do a fast pace walk and burn that off np
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to limit it to once a month. And that's with a planned and tracked overage by maybe 400-500
    I went over on Easter, I have planned yumminess for mothers day tomorrow, and then I'm not planning another one till my birthday in June. Even for tomorrow I'm going to go for a bike ride today and not eat back the calories, probably do a small ride tomorrow. And back on track Monday.
    But I do have a pleasure food just about every day, but in a single serving that fits in my calories.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When I go to the ballpark on Sundays when my team plays at home.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Probably twice a month. This month I have a half marathon so after I do that, that day will be my cheat day.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Cheating is for tests and lovers. Food is just food.

You can make a conscious, rational decision to eat above your calorie goal at any time you choose, for any reason you choose, although it's more productive to reserve it for something special. Many people find that allowing themselves a certain number of meals or days to ease their caloric restrictions will help keep them sane and on track. If you can do this without negating the deficit you've worked so hard for, and it helps, then by all means do it. If you find that you are blowing the hard work you put in maintaining your deficit, and that it's derailing you, then don't do it.
  • learkelsey
    learkelsey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days, but sometimes I do know I have friends coming over or a party and that I'll likely go over my calories for the days. I make sure to plan a long run in the day before or after to compensate a little. Further, I don't like cheating 'it all' on one day, like some do. I'd feel horrible stuffing myself with a heavy breakfast, cake and pizza for dinner. I rather spread it throughout the week/month if I want to at all. If you can control your portion size, just do 1 slice of pizza instead of the whole thing. It's satisfying enough and doesn't hurt your deficit as bad.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every week or so, if I go out. Just bc I rarely ever do, and I'd rather not have a salad. Dammit, I deserve pasta and wings every now and then LOL