Asking for your absolute favorite supper recipe!

Options
anlymc13
anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
My husband and I are tired of the same 7 recipes we have in rotation. I am reaching out to you for your all time favorite recipes!! Thanks!!

Replies

• Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini
    Servings: 4
    Serving Size: 2 zucchini halves
    Nutritional Info: 256 calories, 8.6g of fat, 16.7g carbohydrates, 5.7g dietary fiber, 30.3g of protein, 5.3g of sugar
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 6 *

Ingredients
    4 zucchini
    3/4 lb. 95% lean ground beef
    1 minced garlic clove
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1/2 onion, minced
    1/2 tsp. cumin
    1 cup enchilada sauce (red or green)
    1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese

Instructions
    1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
    2.Scoop out the center of the zucchini. Chop the zucchini you scooped out to be part of the filling.
    3.Add the ground beef, garlic, red bell pepper, scooped out zucchini, and onion to a medium high skillet. Brown until no longer pink.
    4.Add the cumin, salt, and pepper. Then stir in the enchilada sauce.
    5.Fill each zucchini and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top..
    6.Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes..

* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.

Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 stuffed breasts • Old Points: 9 pt • Points+: 9 pts
    Calories: 371 • Fat: 17.5 g • Protein: 42.7 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
    Sodium: 355.8 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

•2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
    •3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
    •3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
    •4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
    •2 tbsp chopped scallions
    •8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
    •1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
    •1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
    •1 tbsp olive oil
    •salt and fresh pepper
    •olive oil non-stick spray

Directions:

Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.

Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.

Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.

Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.

Oven-Fried Beef Taquitos

From EatingWell: November/December 2013

Average:

Cancel rating

Poor

Okay

Good

Great

Awesome

Your rating: None Average: 3.9 (64 votes)

This healthy beef taquitos recipe calls for baking instead of deep-frying, making the taquitos substantially healthier than what you’d get at a restaurant. One order of these little deep-fried, rolled-up tacos at a restaurant can set you back almost 1,000 calories and 60 grams of fat! Don’t worry if some of the taquitos crack open while baking—they’re still crispy and delicious. Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream.

Recipe

Add/Read Reviews (3)

add to 'my eatingwell'

print

Oven-Fried Beef Taquitos

Makes: 4 servings, 3 taquitos each

Serving Size: 3 taquitos

Active Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Nutrition Profile

High fiber | Low cholesterol | High potassium | High calcium | Gluten free |
    View Our Nutrition Guidelines »

Ingredients 1 medium zucchini
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 pound extra-lean ground beef
    3 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    12 6-inch corn tortillas
    Canola oil cooking spray
    3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

More Healthy Recipe Ideas

Easy Stir-Fry Recipes

Easy Steak Recipes

Healthy Curry Recipes

Quick Dinner Recipes for Two

Easy Stir-Fry Recipes

You Might Also Like

Oven-Fried Beef Taquitos for Two
    Bell Pepper & Beef Curry
    Thai Beef Salad
    Korean Beef Stir-Fry
    Spicy Orange Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry

Preparation 1.Preheat oven to 425°F.
    2.Shred zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel (you should have about 2 cups). Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, beef, chili powder, onion powder, cumin and salt. Cook, stirring, until the beef is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
    3.Spread tortillas out on a baking sheet in two overlapping rows. Bake until hot, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover.
    4.Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. Place 6 tortillas on a clean cutting board. Working quickly, spread a generous 1/4 cup beef mixture along the bottom third of a tortilla, sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese and tightly roll into a cigar shape. Place the taquito seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, filling and cheese. Generously coat the top and sides of the taquitos with cooking spray.
    5.Bake the taquitos until browned and crispy, 14 to 18 minutes.
    Tips & Notes Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
    Nutrition
    Per serving: 456 calories; 20 g fat (8 g sat, 8 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 33 g protein; 7 g fiber; 608 mg sodium; 667 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (51% daily value), Vitamin A (42% dv), Iron (27% dv), Calcium (25% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Potassium (19% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv)

Carbohydrate Servings: 2

Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

January 12, 2014 by Kristen Whitby —12 Comments

I have a great recipe to share with you today for the upcoming big game! These are a really yummy twist on the traditional buffalo wings. The spiciness chicken, the crispness of the lettuce and celery, the creaminess of the blue cheese, all put this delicious appetizer up there as one of my all time favorites. And, it really comes together fairly quickly and easily.

You will need:

2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

2 Tbls. butter

1/2 Tbls. olive oil

1/2 cup Franks Wing Sauce

1/2 tsp. celery seed

pepper to taste

1/2 C. thinly sliced celery

blue cheese crumbles

ranch dressing

2 heads of lettuce

In a large pan, cook and shred your chicken {to cook mine, I just put the chicken in the pan with 1/2 cup of water, shredding as it cooks. By the time it is finished cooking, all of the water cooks off}.

Keep the pan on medium heat. Add butter and olive oil, stirring. Add Franks and celery seed. Add pepper to taste. Once sauce begins to be bubbly, remove from heat. Add thinly sliced celery.

Spoon into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and drizzle with a little ranch dressing. Serve immediately while the chicken is still warm. Oh yum.

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    this is the best and easiest roast chicken ever: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/perfect-roast-chicken/. i just made this for my chicken for the week and i'm so excited to eat it. i did something different today: i shoved 3 cloves of garlic into the body of the chicken, along with fresh thyme, rosemary, basil and bay leaves and OH.MY.GOD it was SO GOOD.

veggies i use: baby carrots, celery, peppers, potatoes and brussel sprouts. i add a ton of garlic and sweet shallots that give the carrots a slight caramelized flavour.

when you're done, throw all the leftover bits (fat, skin, bones, chicken bits that you haven't eaten) right into the crockpot, chop up some fresh veggies (celery, onions, carrots etc), add fresh herbs (rosemary, bay leaf etc) and make your own chicken stock!
  • anlymc13
    Options
    Thank everyone!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have been loving pasta salad now that we're into spring and the veggies are so beautiful. I just throw some grilled chicken in it for extra protein and it's so easy and fast!
  • anlymc13
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I have been loving pasta salad now that we're into spring and the veggies are so beautiful. I just throw some grilled chicken in it for extra protein and it's so easy and fast!

What are you using for a dressing?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    anlymc13 wrote: »

As a few people said above, check out www.skinnytaste.com! She has pretty much every dish you'd ever want to eat made healthier.

Summer Macaroni Salad

Summer-Pasta-Salad-with-Tomatoes-and-Zucchini.jpg
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

I prefer an herb based dressing vs creamy. I mix olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and shallots, and either dried or fresh herbs of your choice. Super easy and yum and can also be used on salads, fish, chicken, grilled steak, etc. Experiment and enjoy!

• anlymc13
    Options

As a few people said above, check out www.skinnytaste.com! She has pretty much every dish you'd ever want to eat made healthier.

I love skinnytaste! I was just hoping to hear personal opinions. Thanks!
  • Corina65
    Corina65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replies I am going to go to skinnytaste.com I will let you know how it goes
  • anlymc13
    Options
    Bump
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am loving some of these. We also get tired of the same old thing, but sometimes I am afraid to try something new, usually only I like it. Nice to hear other's opinions on what they've tried and what their families will eat. Thanks, totally following this.
    For dressings on pasta salads I even use lite Italian.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Chicken fried steak! One of our faves!