Dear General Public

Options
Equus5374
Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
I am one of your friendly neighborhood paramedics and I work in the local fire house. While I dearly appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness when you bring in brownies, cookies, cakes, pies, etc., I'd like to let you know that I have no willpower when it comes to those things. Like now, there's a table full of brownies, cupcakes, pies, etc. from the leftovers at the local bake sale. I am going nuts trying to resist them. Please do not torture your public safety personnel like this.

With much appreciation,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Paramedic

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the enlightenment. I can really relate to this. I know the public means well, and (especially Americans) will resort to sating the sweet, and fat tooth. I am not down on Americans, as I am also American. We could learn a lot from the Asian cultures on what to feed our bodies with. Bring Atkins bars with you to work and when everyone is chowing down on carbs, you can have a treat that is better for your body.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Sorry you can't control yourself. More for me then.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Please donate them to me... I'll gladly find a place inside my calories. :yum:
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm a nurse and I can relate so much. Even though I appreciate patients, family members, doctors and reps, it's hard to say no to sweets. It's my downfall...lol :) good luck, I've just started bringing frozen grapes and its saved me more than once.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I will bring you some of the left over veggies from the ladies banquet at my church today. Sorry we ate all the fruit.

• MissBoo2015
    MissBoo2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    training midwife here and my gosh, talk about night shifts and the will to stay awake without buzzing with simple sugars!