Phil

Options
I have been using my fitness pal for over two years. I lost about 45 lbs and maintained it.Within the past month I have gained over 15 lbs. I am very frustrated. I still eat well and workout at least 4 days a week. What am I doing wrong

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Were you logging the past month? 15 pound in a month is around 1700 calories of over eating per day.

Have you eaten more. Exercised less because of the change of season etc?

• pdartis79
    pdartis79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't log as much but I did started running instead of walking at least 4 days a week. Someone suggested that I may not have been eating enough and my body is in starvation mode.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you're gaining weight it's for only 1 reason: you're overeating.

If you have maintained a consistent diet and consistent exercise regimen and suddenly you are gaining weight where once you maintained, then it's a sign that you should see your physician for a checkup. In your above post you state that your logging has lapsed, so I would suggest you fix that first and see what happens.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode doesn't exist.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    starvation mode does not exist (as people think of it)

you are not in a deficit . whether that is from inaccurate logging or overestimating exercise calories and eating back more than you should, we have no way to tell

open your diary and we can help more
  • Oneironaut
    Oneironaut Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The others have already said that it's probably due to eating too much, but don't be too disheartened because a lot of that weight gain is probably water weight. If you get your diet back on track it should come off fairly quickly. High sodium foods can also cause you to retain water weight more than normal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Start logging again.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Start logging again.

This.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member