Close to goal

Options
I need guidance please. I only have 8.5 lbs until goal. How does one maintain? I read add 50 calories a week and see how that works. Is that a good guideline? Thanks in advance for your time. Blessings.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far...and I would recommend adding 100-200 cals for a few weeks and then if still losing up them again...etc etc :smile:
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ty Ruthie. How long have you been on maintenance?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @grandma107 8 months at maintenance, although it really has been more than a year since I reached my lowest weight....but I've now decided to drop another 5lbs before vacation in Jul :smile:

Its good to have a maintenance weight range say +/- 4 to 5lbs anything either side of that range happens then adjust intake as necessary :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    In my case I'm 5' 2"/45 yrs/very active and maintain on 2200 cals. I lose 1lb/wk on 1700 gross cals.
    It took me a few months finding my TDEE number, it's about trial and error. :smile:
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very helpful, thank you. I am presently on a deficit of 1220 calories. I started out needing to loose 22 lbs. I am 52 years old 5'6". My goal weight will put me in the higher end of the BMI scale so I am considering loosing an additional 5 lbs but I think trying to find my maintenance by trial and error would accomplish that. Thanks so much and pls feel free to add me as a friend. Blessings.