Love of Iron

Options
DataPack
DataPack Posts: 26 Member
Going to defeat the incline bench today along with my rival the majestic elliptical. Wish me lunch and dinner.

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good luck. Elliptical is kind of lame for a workout tbh. You should do stairmaster or run..
  • DataPack
    Options
    Any workout that leaves you breathless and soaked with sweat isn't lame. Also you're burning calories and conditioning your heart.
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    DataPack wrote: »
    Any workout that leaves you breathless and soaked with sweat isn't lame. Also you're burning calories and conditioning your heart.

I agree, & I am not at all into cardio. However, elliptical with a goodly crossramp & resistance is my go-to warmup, because nothing outside of bodyweight stuff gets me heart-pumping & sweating better. There is a lot less stress to my joints on the elliptical vs bodyweight, so there is also that.

• Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    (That being said, I did think this thread would have more iron in it :P ) Hope you had a good workout, OP.
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    May you win the battle against gravity.
  • _tigerblood_
    _tigerblood_ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Elliptical is kind of lame for a workout tbh. You should do stairmaster or run..

thanks for my daily dose of mfp science
  • williamwj2014
    Options

thanks for my daily dose of mfp science

Your welcome I guess it was just an opinion. You should get back on that elliptical though, that pizza you ate isn't gonna burn itself.
  • williamwj2014
    edited May 2015
    Options

It's lame in the fact you aren't even benefiting from it outside of your heart lol. You definitely aren't building any leg strength tbh. I use to do the elliptical all the time until I move on and did *kitten* that builds strength. But if your always leaving the gym full of sweat due to cardio, what is the point of pumping iron? You aren't going to build any muscle or strength. I use to leave dripping in sweat every workout until I stopped doing so much cardio and only do it 2 times a week now.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options

It's lame in the fact you aren't even benefiting from it outside of your heart lol. You definitely aren't building any leg strength tbh. I use to do the elliptical all the time until I move on and did *kitten* that builds strength. But if your always leaving the gym full of sweat due to cardio, what is the point of pumping iron? You aren't going to build any muscle or strength. I use to leave dripping in sweat every workout until I stopped doing so much cardio and only do it 2 times a week now.

Do you really think that one cancels out the other?
  • DataPack
    Options

I didn't mention that I do strength training for about 45-60 min then cardio is the last thing I do. I can understand why you would feel that way about it though. You like to feel stimulation and tightness in your muscles. That's something everyone should look forward to. Lol struggling to hold a bowl of cereal or a pitcher of juice after working on arms. That's the good stuff.