You need to be honest with yourself folks.....

Options
Hey all!!

I love MFP....Its keeping me on track while injured and have a great support group.

I notice a ton of people not just here but in general also and it has sparked my non sugar coated attitude....people mention they have tried WW, Atkins,South beach or whatever diet they have tried and they express that "those didnt work"......The truth is that the individual didnt put in the effort.....we are in control of our weight loss destiny....if you dont make it happen,Its not gonna!! I was there once!! EXCUSE after EXCUSE.....what we should be saying is: I tried that diet and I failed miserably but I want to try another method" or "i just didnt succeed at that diet so im moving on".....you cant blame guns for killing people....its people killing people so in the weight loss world its not the people around you killing you.....its you making the choices that you make that are gonna kill you :)

Blunt honesty is not fun for some poeple but try to understand where im coming from before you decideif im "picking on people" or being rude....we need more honesty in our society :)

ITS YOU VS YOU

Replies

• cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well said
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS! I sooo agree with you..

I am very blunt especially in my blog. But then again its my blog.

I Only truely started succeeding once I dropped my excuses. And It works that way with everything.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Like.
  • jam472719
    jam472719 Posts: 7
    Options
    Agreed. :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Yep, big difference between "it doesn't work" and "it wasn't working for me"

Need to find things that work for us and realize we have to put our efforts into them. It's good to see people are passionate about their various ways of living. Good. Get passionate about it and make it work for you.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Some of those diets work for some people... because some people don't do well with carbs and can eat a low carb diet and lose weight. I do better on a more balanced diet. If I didn't eat carbs, I would get very bored and would stop trying to control my weight at all. I don't think certain diets don't work because everyone is lazy. I think certain diets don't work for some people who are lazy doing anything or don't really want it. Everyone's story is different.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    People handle things in different ways, but I'm one of your mindset, being blunt is motivating to me.

I ate poorly these past couple of days, it's not my "diet" that stopped working, it's going off of what I was doing that might cause some weight gain this week. And that's going to be entirely my fault for choosing to eat the wrong foods.
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    I agree with you to a point. We Do make our own choices and are responsible for the consequences of them. BUT....some of those programs DONT work because they are not healthy. In some of those programs you have to give up fat or carbs or sugar. All of these are part of a healthy diet when eaten in moderation. It's all a balancing act. To lose weight you have to eat healthy and exercise. It's a simple as that. There is no "quick fix". It takes time, courage, and the right mind set to do it and do it right.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    So true. When I am not seeing the results I want, I need to look at what I am doing and if I am being TRULY honest with myself. Thanks for your honesty! We all want to be positive and encouraging, but we also need to be REAL!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    100% agree!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I left my excuses at the door when I started this journey and I still don't miss them at all.

I take life one day at a time when it comes to eating and exercising. I enjoy every day and make the best decisions I can at that time. Over or under here or there, the world goes on and if you let yourself make excuses, you're only hurting you.

Well said.
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I completly agree with this. I've been there too, excuse after excuse. And I've been noticing the excused have been trying to come back in my mind lately too. Weight loss is a serious mental game as much as it is physical. You have to really, truly decide to do it; and do if for yourself! Good for you for losing 60 lbs. That is awesome!
  • Piddy47
    Piddy47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank You Thank You....for keeping it real and helping us all remember that Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I agree with you to a point. We Do make our own choices and are responsible for the consequences of them. BUT....some of those programs DONT work because they are not healthy. In some of those programs you have to give up fat or carbs or sugar. All of these are part of a healthy diet when eaten in moderation. It's all a balancing act. To lose weight you have to eat healthy and exercise. It's a simple as that. There is no "quick fix". It takes time, courage, and the right mind set to do it and do it right.

I don't think the OP is defending crash dieting, and the plans the OP listed do include all macronutrient groups and encourage exercise.

Regardless of whether you count points, or carbs, or calories, and are losing weight at a healthy rate with a balanced food palate...you're working toward the common goal of everyone here - to lose weight, keep it off, and be healthy.
  • knort
    knort Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree to you will gain muscle and lose inches if you will just work out 3 to 4 days a week.
    Anyboby is able to do that if you make being healthy a priority...
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I know I failed before at losing weight because I didn't want it enough. I tried but all I really did was add exercise. I didn't watch my food. I did a 6 week personal training thing at the gym with a food plan and lost 20 lbs but I gained it all back when I was done because it was such a restrictive diet. This is the first time I've ever succeeded and it's because I REALLY want it and I've found something that works really well for me. Restrictive diets don't work for me and I've tried quite a few. I need something where I can eat what I want but still be accountable to something!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a serious mental game as much as it is physical. You have to really, truly decide to do it; and do if for yourself!

Soooo true!!