Lost another 10 lbs...progress pic looks worse than before? 19/f/5'8

Options
2»

Replies

• dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Focus more on the positives because we are all going through or have been through a transformation and are a work in progress. Sometimes, in our own eyes, we look a hot mess and other times we like what we see. While we are focused on the hot mess, we are missing all of the good changes. I'm sure you are losing inches in various places and your clothes are fitting differently. Rejoice in that and continue along your journey. You are doing a great job.
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You definitely look great- and smaller! I know when I'm losing weight, sometimes it takes a few extra lbs to make me look proportioned- example- I seem to always look great at the 5 mark and awful at the 0. So I may think I look awesome at 185 but then not like 180 (even thought is 5lbs less!), but then love 175. Doesn't make sense but I think its my body weight settling in or something.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    Dude - You look fantastic. Stop beating your pretty self up. See the beauty and stop picking yourself apart.

wise words!
    Begin to love yourself along the way and you'll see the difference mentally, emotionally and physically along the way. I think that's why some have a difficultly seeing changes after even losing 150 lbs. They still feel fat, it's so much mental, it's hard work to change how we see ourselves and to self love. But it can be done.

You look smaller to me...but what's important is that YOU see that, it doesn't matter as much what we see. We don't live in your mind and body.

:)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!!! Keep it up and be patient... belly fat is the last to go!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You need to know that your results clearly show in the before and after pictures. It's tough to see your own progress; sometimes I still see the old me when I look in the mirror. I have to remind myself how good I feel and what size pants I now wear.. Give yourself a pat on the back, good job!
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thank you guys, it helps to be reminded how others view things like this. Its like I KNOW I must be smaller but I can never tell. Very weird feeling. Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think you look great, but would look even better if you chose clothes that suited your body type better. Your legs are thin and you carry more weight in your midsection, so wearing skin tight leggings and looser top makes your midsection look even bigger, it accentuates your apple shape. Wear something more structured/fitted in the midsection and looser or boot cut type of pants and you will look more proportional. Those tight workout pants are very popular but I've seen very few women who actually look good in them, my size 8 self included. They show every flaw!!

And yes I know these are just workout clothes, who cares if they are comfy? It really doesn't matter, I'm thinking more about times when you do want to look hot. Or are judging your body shape.
  • Extra86
    Extra86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great transformation. I am 5'8" also but my goal is 170 lbs. Thank you for the motivation, and keep up the great work. :)
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    And for the record I went through that phase of thinking I look worse after loss, for me more because my hips were getting smaller while the waist and belly wasn't changing. Not just in my mind, I had measurements. I looked more square with more pudge in the middle even though I was smaller overall. Now my waist is changing and the hips are stalled, giving me back more hourglass to my shape. I think it just evens out over time, but it isn't a consistent loss in every spot the whole way.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop looking at yourself every 10 lbs. 10 lbs doesn't look any different on me, so i just don't worry about it.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks a lot smaller!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, definitely there is a big difference. Sometimes it's hard for us to see how far we've come. You really look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!