Getting sick of turbo jam, turbo fire next?

Options
Don't get me wrong, I love turbo jam. I only like the 20 min, cardio party, and turbo sculpt. ( which is scratched adn won't work any more ) I am just getting a little bored with it. I mostly do the 20 min quick exercise. Do you guys think I should try turbo fire next??

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you like the workouts and Chalene, then yes. TF is like a jacked up version of TJ. Do you have more than just the DVDs you mentioned? Sounds like you might be bored. There are additional TJ DVDs you can purchase, Cardio Party 2 and 3, Punch Kick & Jam, and others.
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you like the workouts and Chalene, then yes. TF is like a jacked up version of TJ. Do you have more than just the DVDs you mentioned? Sounds like you might be bored. There are additional TJ DVDs you can purchase, Cardio Party 2 and 3, Punch Kick & Jam, and others.

What I have is called 5 rockin work outs, its 2 DVDs with 5 work outs.. They are Learn & Burn, cardio party, turbo sculpt, ab sculpt, and 20 minute quick work out.
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I've been looking at TF also. I LOVE TJ, especially the "Fat Blaster" DVD that is basically 4 turbo's run thru twice each. It takes 30mins and I burn MAJOR calories (some where around 350). TF looks very similar to that one, with the interval training. You may want to check that one out as well to add some variety to your TJ workouts. But TF I think will be my birthday present!!! :D It just plain looks excruciatingly wonderful!!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ok I know which DVD it is you have, it is basically the first one.

I would look at some additional TJ DVDs first. TF is a pretty big step up from TJ (coordination and speed-wise), I think you would benefit from Cardio Party 2 and 3 as well as Punch, Kick and Jam. I bought all my DVDs from either Amazon or eBay.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Aww tired already? I did it for 4 years then joined a gym this past January to burn more cals on an elliptical and just get out of the basement house and enjoy the outside world ;)

That being said I own both TF (purchased brand new/sealed $50) and CE (purchased brand new/sealed $25) but have only tried a couple of videos a comple of times - I'll go back in the winter. So be sure to check out your options (Craig's List, ebay) before shelling out $150 each.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I haven't done TJ, but I'm doing TF and it's a lot of fun. Before that I was using Jillian Michaels dvds. I think you may just need to switch it up and come back to it later. Doing the same workout, every day, can get boring! Especially if one of your choices doesn't work because the disk is scratched.
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well I get bored easily thats all... It really isn't difficult for me at all to do, yeah I'm sweating but its easy for me to do now. I defiantly don't feel like I'm working out when doing turbo jam, but thats good to a point. I have several other DVD's besides Turbo Jam, and treadmill and elliptical. I find Turbo Jam the most fun. Yeah I am not paying $150 for turbo fire thats for sure, I will shop around if I do buy it..
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    Well I get bored easily thats all... It really isn't difficult for me at all to do, yeah I'm sweating but its easy for me to do now. I defiantly don't feel like I'm working out when doing turbo jam, but thats good to a point. I have several other DVD's besides Turbo Jam, and treadmill and elliptical. I find Turbo Jam the most fun. Yeah I am not paying $150 for turbo fire thats for sure, I will shop around if I do buy it..

If it's easy for you to do, are you doing all the moves as high impact as you can? Also, do you use the weighted hand gloves with it or not? And, if you are doing both of those things and find it's STILL too easy, you can also try to strap on some ankle weights to add intensity to it. If you don't feel like you're working out, it's kind of a waste of time to do it because your body has gotten accustomed to it and so it's "easy". You also won't see many benefits from that (or continued improvement). DEFINITELY shop around to find better prices, but also just keep in mind that there have been some people who haven't gotten the "complete set" they were promised, or the burned copies didn't work, etc etc. That being said, I've purchased 4 TJ videos from ebay and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. But TJ is DEFINITELY the best, most enjoyable workout I've found too!! 4 years and I'm still using (and loving) it!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have been doing turbo fire for two weeks now and love it! :) Yes, is very high intensity, but it's a lot of fun and you do have about 12 dvds to use in the set. I would definitely check out craigslist and ebay! I got mine for $60, so there are good deals on them.. Good luck! :)