Three of my girls ran a 5k today

Options
I am very proud of them! I ran with my 7year old, and she ran the whole way, in 35min! It was her first real race.
My 11 year old did great, and my 9yo ran it in 28 minutes. So fast for her short legs (she is short for her age, a gymnast body). Not sure I could kerp up with her! Now I want to get faster so I can train with her (she wants to) and pace her.
My younger kids are also into running but 5k would be a little much.

Yay us!

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    That's impressive for your 9-year-old! You are setting such a good example! Great job mama!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! I hope they enjoyed it! And great times for such young kids!
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! I hope they enjoyed it! And great times for such young kids!
    They loved it. They want to train for another one in four weeks!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My little guy likes to run with me sometimes and he's fast. I would love for him to do a 5k with me one day. He's only 5 so I think he needs more training :)
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Awesome! My little guy likes to run with me sometimes and he's fast. I would love for him to do a 5k with me one day. He's only 5 so I think he needs more training :)

Yeah, my 5yo really wanted to but during practice runs she fell behind after 1-1.5 miles and got frustrated. Another year and she'll join us!