Hi trying to lose fat

Options
Hi I'm new to this but have been struggling with my weight for years. I was 234 when I started this time and I'm down to 207 eight week later. My short term goal is to be under 200 in a couple weeks haven't been that since college. Long term I would like to get to the ten percent body fat and I've never been there. I'm 35 and own a farm recently divorced so that's a extra motivation. And more energy to spend with my kids. Any tips would be great.

Replies

• Missycs85
    Missycs85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far!! Keep up with what is working for you and you will get to where you want to be. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • benashcraft98
    benashcraft98 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've trying to keep at a 1000 calories a day with 100 grams of protein or more. Seems to be working. Just hope I can keep it up.
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    everything I have been told and read suggest weight training and added cardio. Congratulations on losing some weight! Keep at it, even though it may be one of the most challenging things you have to do. Your biggest challenge is your mind, don't let it talk you out of things.
  • benashcraft98
    Options
    I've started the Adonis program when work doesn't get in the way. I worked over 100 hrs last week and the week before wasn't any shorter.
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm unfamiliar with that program, if you have a gym or gym equipment I suggest the 5x5 strong lifts program. It's weight trainings 3 days a week. You can add HITT workouts on the farm like sprints, biking, tire flips etc.

You work so much! I'm sure it's hard to stay focused on your goal. Good luck.
  • johannayasmin
    johannayasmin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Try Cardio and make sure to always fuel well! Keep it up :-)
  • benashcraft98
    Options
    Hiit is hard for me Bc I'm nursing a stress fracture in my ankle. Being fat and running half marathons doesn't go well together. But Adonis is a circuit training program. They have a Venus program for women. They have active boards and I've seen some awesome results.